Ferret legging, the sport of kings

Originally published at: Ferret legging, the sport of kings | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Another item to add to my list of things I will definitely never do.

7 Likes

Is that legal?

12 Likes

wwydt

12 Likes

I think a major element of this sport would be trusting in the people near you during competition. A pub would be the last place I’d put a ferret in my pants. There is no first place.

7 Likes

Timely. Many commenters in the bump stock thread have expressed concern about the effects of a ban on certain rapid-fire sporting competitions. Now ferret-legging emerges as an alternative sport.

Consider:

1. Hold-my-beer macho vibe: A clear win for ferret-legging.
  2. Spectator entertainment: Ferret-legging is superior, no question.
  3. Accessibility: Ferret-legging is economical, open to all races and genders, the disabled and even convicted felons.
  4. Cuteness: Ferrets versus AR15s? Are you kidding me?
9 Likes

10 Likes

@failquail

I had an acquaintance* in college who had a couple of ferrets as pets. One doesn’t really get to make the choice of whether to do it or not. The ferret will decide for you. :man_shrugging:

Granted, this was long before skinny jeans came into fashion, and everybody was wearing pants several sizes too large, and women wore backpacks several sizes too small.

(Not a true friend because he wouldn’t stop playing Sublime’s 40 oz. to Freedom on repeat, and had a particular love for the word, “dude”.)

7 Likes

The ferrets may control when they visit, but I’m deciding how long they stay.
Abc Love GIF by The Bachelorette

3 Likes

When I lived in the depths of Wiltshire, one of the locals used to come by to reduce the rabbit population in the next door paddock, he kept his nets in his jacket pocket and his ferret in a specially reinforced pocket in his trousers. After a morning of slaughter he would go to the pub with the ferret in his pocket and a net full of rabbits for sale.

5 Likes

I remember seeing an article on this 15-20 years ago and just assumed it was written by Stephen Glass or his ilk. The other article that always bugged me was about worms that lived in glacial ice.

1 Like

Is it animal abuse?

4 Likes

came here for this and was not disappointed

1 Like

If the ferrets decide to withhold consent, they will let you know.

5 Likes

Betrayal Ferrets GIF by ABC Network

4 Likes

Supposedly, that’s how Sylvester McCoy got his start as an entertainer.
doctor-who-sylvester-mccoy-701c0df-3407587241

3 Likes

Came here to say this, but you beat me too it.

He supposedly held the record for keeping the ferret in the trousers, for some time

1 Like

What the king may look like:

1 Like

That king looks distinctly queenly to me.

Another candidate

(not a ferret)