Fiona Hill: "It’s very clear that Elon Musk is transmitting a message for Putin"

Originally published at: Fiona Hill: "It's very clear that Elon Musk is transmitting a message for Putin" | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Fascist/Racist/Bigot cos-play is all the rage for the billionaire set. You go Mush, ride the wave…

18 Likes

Putin plays the egos of big men, gives them a sense that they can play a role. But in reality, they’re just direct transmitters of messages from Vladimir Putin.

Man, did Putin find an ideal mark in Musk.

31 Likes

Saw this earlier today and had my irregular reminder he was still alive and screwing with national futures.

33 Likes

So it’s especially apt that I call Elon fanboys “Muskovites.”

25 Likes

I had a great idea for an app. Maybe it already exists, but who knows?

It’s a simple GPS app which lists and locates all of the graves that I would enjoy pissing on. Start with Rush Limbaugh, Sheldon Adelson, Donald Rumsfeld, Antonin Scalia, and I’m sure you can add many others. Then there is the list of future graves to piss on. Henry Kissinger, Elon Musk, Mango Mussolini of course, Ted Cruz, Ron DeSantis, Greg Abbott, Ron Johnson, Mitch McConnell, Jim Jordan, The Pillow Guy, Rudy Giuliani, maybe Mel Gibson and a Kardashian or two.

It would make for a very satisfying road trip to plan an itinerary around.

24 Likes

Urinals of the rich and famous

11 Likes

Urinals on the rich and famous

12 Likes

I like that idea, except I wouldn’t be taking a piss on them…
I just hope Piers Morgan dies before I do, just so I can go and ‘pay my respects’ on his grave. :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Very generous of Musk to offer things that aren’t even remotely his to give.

9 Likes

If you’re looking to beat the rush, you don’t actually have to wait until they’re dead.

Just sayin’.

7 Likes

Same. Every time I find out Henry Kissinger is still alive I’m always surprised Henry Kissinger is still alive.

13 Likes

With all respect to the admirable Fiona Hill, even I knew that Crimea had water problems, and I’m not exactly a geopolitical expert, however hard I pretend to be one online.

I learned this valuable factoid from social media, which I understand Mr. Musk sometimes uses too. So while it’s certainly possible that Mr. Putin is using Mr. Musk as a mouthpiece, I don’t think Elon’s awareness of the dryness of Crimea is a definitive smoking gun that proves this beyond reasonable doubt.

1 Like

Besides this… He talked to the Kremlin (apparently, according to some US officials) and then posted a highly pro-Russian “peace plan” on twitter… :woman_shrugging: I seriously doubt that Dr. Hill is basing her view just on he comments about water in Crimea.

15 Likes

Frankly, I’m sceptical whether he has the attention span. For topics that are not about him, anyway.

9 Likes

Wow, that’s a lot of beer! I’m up for it, when do we start?

10 Likes

Where was the respect in that? You’ve hand-waved off the specifics that Musk talked about which were in alignment with the specifics of Putin’s subsequent proposal and actions.

On the surface, if all you knew was that Crimea needed a water supply, one would think Kherson Oblast would be sufficient. But he added Zaporizhzhia Oblast, too. Why? Why not equidistant and relatively wet Mykolaiv Oblast?

The unnecessary detail is the tell. That’s the insight an expert like Hill provides that keyboard warriors like Musk lack.

17 Likes

Mucks progressed from having sock puppets to being one.

11 Likes

I see a business opportunity here: Sell bottled water at the sites.

5 Likes

I have a feeling Musk believes he owns outer space.

5 Likes