Maybe Yaccarino won't be sitting next to Musk for that much longer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2023/10/11/maybe-yaccarino-wont-be-sitting-next-to-musk-for-that-much-longer.html

6 Likes

One news article said X was drowning in misinformation. Meh. More like Elizabeth Báthory soaking in the tub.

18 Likes

I don’t know which would speak worse of her: if she was truly so naive that she didn’t see all this coming or if she did see it coming and took the job anyway.

21 Likes

The biggest talent of an advertising salesperson, like the good CEO here, is to fail upwards.

17 Likes

This is still aging well:

16 Likes

Given that Xitter is getting sued by all of its former employees for unpaid severance, if she had a clue, she would have demanded getting paid her exit fee up front in cash.

20 Likes

“Amazing to see this exchange!”–Our Elon.

This Xweet reflects an attitude central to the rich-tech-bro philosophy: everything is a big game, and with my money power I can stir the story up and make it more exciting. Ooo, look! I got the heads of warring countries to use my plaything to threaten each other! I’m so cool! Thousands dead? That’s not my problem.

12 Likes

Yeah, this really does seem like Elno’s whole reason, inasmuch as he has one, for buying Twitter, given how he’s been going out of his way to spread misinformation by repeating it and promoting pure disinformation accounts while claiming they’re reputable. If that wasn’t his purpose… then he’s an even bigger idiot than he previously indicated (and that’s saying something).

5 Likes

It soon will be.

I guess he’ll be like Rumble and “switch off” Europe.

15 Likes

“With the global crisis unfolding, Linda and her team must remain fully focused on X platform safety.”

Since Musk has gutted the safety and moderation teams and no-one is coming back, I can understand why his future scapegoat and her team of lackeys are the only ones left to handle it.

6 Likes

How many lettuces long will Yaccarino’s tenure as CEO last?

Or is the Scaramucci the appropriate unit?

10 Likes

And also - what could be less amazing than to discover that people on opposite sides of a bitter conflict should express hatred for each other on the internet? Never saw that one coming…

4 Likes

Time for a new twitter scapegoat?

Is that pronounced “shitter”?

4 Likes

2 Truss?

2 Likes

Indeed it is.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.