First Star Trek: Discovery trailer

Worf will always be the quintessential Klingon to me.

3 Likes

I suspect that some of that is the difference between TV and Movie budgets.

2 Likes

Probably true. Those movies and TNG were being made about the same time.

1 Like

Surely, post-mortem?

2 Likes

Especially DS9 Worf.

3 Likes

I like certain things better about each series, but DS9 definitely had stronger character development. Though maybe that was somewhat inevitable given its less episodic format.

3 Likes

I think so… character development has to be baked in for a series that works in long-form story telling. Although I’d say that Voyager was much more episodic, but still managed to do some good character development, especially with the Doctor and Seven of Nine.

3 Likes

Agreed. Voyager I think started out trying to be more episodic, but as the series wore one, it turned to more arc driven stories. Character was that series strength (if we can forgive Neelix), plot not so much. In a way, I think it would have gone better if they’d just fully committed to the arc format, but they were worried about drawing in casual viewers. The Doctor and Seven stole the show, but Janeway and Tuvok were really well done too. I love me some Spock and even T’Pol, but Tuvok really stuck to the Vulcan character traits without compromise. Then again, in general I’m very pro-Vulcan :grin:

3 Likes

:thinking:

https://sea1.discourse-cdn.com/boingboing/user_avatar/bbs.boingboing.net/gulliverfoyle/45/164279_1.png

“Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations”

The argument is irresistable. Prince Rogers Nelson was a Vulcan rock star.

4 Likes

Character was that series strength (if we can forgive Neelix), plot not so much.

People get very upset when I say that it’s the closest to TOS that any of that era’s shows ever got:

1. Go to planet
  2. Break planet’s society.
  3. Say sciencey-sounding nonsense while you do it.
  4. Fly off and never mention it again.

It’s my fave.

7 Likes

2 Likes

Huh. So, how long does pon farr last again?

1 Like

This ST:D trailer on youtube led me to a trailer for a new series called Orville. My son assures me this is a real thing. How has there not been a thread about this on BB? (Or did I just miss it?)

1 Like

OMG! We need no longer fear the banana!

Now that I can’t wait for.

1 Like

[quote=“GulliverFoyle, post:94, topic:101169”]
Now that I can’t wait for.[/quote]
I know, right? It’s like the Galaxy Quest sequel we always kind of wanted, but without Tim Allen. Based on that trailer, it’s already my favorite show on TV, and it won’t be appearing until the Fall.

1 Like

Topic created for the trailer…

Now I have to actually do some work and not watch that 30 times :laughing:

:point_up_2:
Also, don’t think I didn’t notice what you did there :wink:

4 Likes

It’s a catchy acronym. Spread the word.

5 Likes

Star Wars or Trek uniform? You decide.

edit: Wars or

By the “in action” images, it seems to be trying for Star Wars rather than Star Trek.

1 Like

Leaning towards the Star Wars version due to the fact that there is no red option available.

1 Like