Fishmonger buys 70-pound octopus just to set it free

It’s one of those foods in Asia that’s prized for its texture. For my money, I’d much rather eat a squid when it comes to flavor. They also are much dumber.

5 Likes

I have a machine for making it at home. Everything tastes good when in a fried flour ball and slathered with okonomi sauce and nori flakes.

Octopus sashimi is pretty good if one can deal with it being a little tougher than vertebrate fish.

3 Likes

Year round food abundance has that effect on the diet.

3 Likes

The Octopus said he would grant the guy three wishes if he were set free

4 Likes

Ah, gotcha. Thought you were going the opposite direction with that than you were.

2 Likes

Same here

I thought Octopuses (pi) had remarkably short life spans. 4 years or so. So if was 70 pounds or so then I would expect it might be on its last legs. That said, maybe they prefer to be eaten by sea creatures than humans? Certainly I guess I would prefer to have a shot of dying of old age.

1 Like

I’ve eaten them very happily in the past - delicious if you don’t overcook them - but have recently given up because they seem to be a bit too smart, and I think I’m happy with that decision.

I still eat people though.

2 Likes

A yen for cuddle fish.

1 Like

Holy shit that’s my childhood home, I kind of grew up there and I know him!

2 Likes

Good on him!
Morro bay is my home town. Almost makes up for our aqarium which will closed down for being the worst in America.

simpsons-kangandkodos

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.