Octopuses, starfish, and prawns rain down on Chinese city

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/18/octopuses-starfish-and-prawn.html

8 Likes

uhhhh uhhhh - an octopus falling onto me from the sky? is a new nightmare.

12 Likes

There are worse sea critters.

6 Likes

Mmmmm takoyaki

8 Likes

Looks like free food to me.

8 Likes

I was pretty much brought up on octopus… and what you show looks deeellllishhhhussss… but after learning of just how smart they are, well…

12 Likes

In many parts of Asia, it would be considered “free food”. Like if Chicken Nuggets fell from the sky in the US.

4 Likes

A new kind of all–you can-eat of seafood delivery service. I wonder if a certain company is behind this…

2 Likes

the process of waterspouts sucking animals out of the sea has never been directly observed.

So, it could be that sea creatures have just learned to fly.

4 Likes

well yeah. waterspouts are large fuzzy white things and the animals inside don’t cary signs and flashlights.

While I may have a problem eating caught octopi, I think I’d make an exception for octopi from the sky (new band name)

7 Likes

It is a thoroughly depressing that all I can think of when I see that lead photo is the famous “falling man” photo from 9/11. I’m not linking it for obvious reasons, but god, I’m sick of this century already.

4 Likes

The original poster has since admitted that the octopus photo is a photoshop job…

2 Likes

I never meant to give you any scampi
I never meant to feed you no lo-mein
I only wanted to one time to see you laughing
I only wanted to see you
Laughing in the seafood rain

15 Likes

Charles Fort collected reams of these kind of stories. He was the most gullible man who ever lived.

3 Likes

On the other hand they have a life span of about three years…

1 Like
4 Likes

Reminds me of a part in Achebe’s novel Things Fall Apart when the village has a hoard of locusts descend on them. They’re ecstatic: free food!!!

4 Likes

Hey, at least some of us USAians would not consider Chicken Nuggets to be food.

2 Likes

LOL - I know, that’s why I picked that specific “food”.

3 Likes

exactly — and when it falls from the sky? Smart, Suckers, Angry? all in all a bad mix

1 Like