Fishmonger shut down after gluing googly eyes on his catch

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/05/fishmonger-shut-down-after-glu.html

5 Likes

These days I pray for news stories like this. Life should be more cartoony

18 Likes

Roger That!

6 Likes

Cuter than your average dead fish.

7 Likes

Your wish is their duty!

8 Likes

Well they may not be fresher, but they are more fun.

5 Likes

I get it – even dead fish can be dangerous. You need to know where you stand with them at all times.

1 Like

this is all very funny till one realizes some mortician will see this and think its a great idea…

10 Likes

I need to revise my will.

11 Likes

when you do , remember who gave you the impulse to do so.

3 Likes

I think this should be fully legal, with the disclaimer: “for entertainment purposes only.”

7 Likes

While I completely love this from a comedy standpoint, the idea that this is a real attempt at fraud that a real person is actually being punished for is baffling to me. Did the customers actually think the googly eyes were real, or were they just there to cover up their view of the real eyes? If the former, one would think that a person buying a fish has, you know, ever seen a fish before. If the latter, isn’t it just going to draw attention to the eyes and invite a closer examination of the fish? How was this even supposed to work?

13 Likes

No no no. That’s with the black “X”s are for!

11 Likes

true but with the googly eyes and some internal animatronics there is the possibility take fish mongering to a whole new level . the produce becomes the salesman. as well a quartet.

buy meeeeeee.
buy meeeee.
buy meee.
buy mee.

no morticians are allowed to read this.

3 Likes
8 Likes

Ah, sometimes I miss The Sopranos.

6 Likes

f

6 Likes

There are much more realistic eyes than that available. Feels like this guy was phoning it in.

4 Likes

Any information about fish from somebody named Trout is just a bit suspect don’t you think?

4 Likes

It takes one to know one, is what they always say…

4 Likes