Flat Earther suspected of torching three Masonic lodges

Cop with gun just lets him drive away but they find him at home later !? 3 lodges, several 100 year old businesses, priors. Folks better get with the educating, responsible for your communities as keystone kops ain’t gonna curb the insane nor the powerful

3 Likes

I’m going home and everyone else should, too. You win for today.

16 Likes

Globe makers!

8 Likes

Big Balls, surely.

7 Likes

Well that person just made enemies for life, literally all over the country.

There’s a Masonic temple in like, every city and town that I’ve ever been to…

10 Likes

Your statement sent me down a neat little rabbit hole and it turns out there isn’t one in my town (and I’m not that far from where the three lodges burned down).

But they are found in a lot smaller communities. The very dated BC Freemason’s website has a listing of every one in the province. Some of these places barely have a grocery store. I wonder why there isn’t one here :thinking:

3 Likes

This is a point that has puzzled me. Over the years I’ve heard a lot about Flat Earther theories but no one seems to explain what’s supposed to be on the flat earth’s backside. Is there an accepted Earther dogma describing the underside? Or is the Earth supposed to be some kind of single-sided shape that has no underside?

7 Likes

Indeed so, school children often take part in the Eratosthenes Experiment. They’ve just had one, with another happening in september. I wish we’d done stuff like this when i were in school.

4 Likes

The problem is, you need to believe in Math (and, specifically, Geometry) before you can accept the results of a scientific experiment like that. Or the one where you see the masts of ships first.

7 Likes

We’ve talked about this before on here but the Netflix documentary explores some of the genuinely cool experiments flat-earthers think up, not to to mention using some ridiculously expensive equipment like laser gyros, but the problem is they just refute whatever the result tells them.

3 Likes

Globe makers.

6 Likes

No, everything gets pulled towards the Disk that is covered by a thin layer of Earth upon which we live. It’s a special form of magnetism that affects both living things and inanimate objects.

More magic. As soon as you finish talking about it the Cabal somehow wipes your memory, or a spell treats discussion of Underside like the Silence from Doctor Who: out of sight literally out of mind.

A “single-sided shape that has no Underside”? Are you one of those Round Earthers, out to try to learn the secrets of Flat Earth? Get 'em! :smile:

4 Likes

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :clap:t2::clap:t2: :tophat:

4 Likes

From my research, it’s four elephants, then an infinite number of turtles.

15 Likes

Yup, turtles, all the way down.
I would guess the research involved reading lots of Sir Terry Pratchett’s books…?

11 Likes

Nevertheless, the turtle moves. :wink:

14 Likes

Who has written more extensively on flat planet theory? He was even knighted for it.

11 Likes

10 Likes

tenor-3

10 Likes

The world turtle is one of my fav pieces of mythology…

9 Likes