Flat Earthers: "Australia is fake and all Australians are actors paid by NASA"

Originally published at: Flat Earthers: "Australia is fake and all Australians are actors paid by NASA" | Boing Boing

15 Likes

65 Likes

60 Likes

The colony was the prison. Convicts couldn’t return to Britain so there was no need to lock them up.

20 Likes

Ok, so, I get how insisting Australia doesn’t exist would be very helpful for not having to acknowledge that there is a southern hemisphere where the constellations are the other side up and the cyclones turn the other way. But…isn’t South America the exact same problem? Why would you keep one but not the other?

38 Likes

Because it’s an old copypasta written by someone who was not a Flat Earther.

18 Likes

One might think this is a joke; since we are talking about Flat-Earth conspiracists, one would be wrong.

17 Likes

Hey, if it keeps the Flat Earthers away I’m happy to run with it.

19 Likes

Australian flat-earthers certainly know that North America does not exist. Therefore, whoever purportedly wrote the statement that Australia does not exist is part of a hoax campaign. As this hoaxer cannot be northamerican, because they do not exist, she must be Australian herself.

Why do Australians deny the existence of Australia?

27 Likes

Of course, Australia is fake; and it isn’t even a convincing fake.

66 Likes

I’m pretty sure that this is a poe’s law copypasta , I’ve seen it on reddit mocking flat earthers.

11 Likes

I’ve been to Australia over 2 dozen times and used to be married to someone originally from Manly.

But then again in my prior career I worked for NASA so I’m probably part of the conspiracy.

36 Likes

Ahem. “Australian” here. I turned 50 a few days ago and have never received a pay cheque from NASA/the American government for my services. Can someone get onto payroll ASAP and sort that out? I’m keen for half a century of back pay. Thanks!

54 Likes

:thinking: If someone starts a conspiracy theory about an island paradise just off the coast that’s being hidden from them, then maybe they’d try to get there and leave the rest of us in peace…

Nah, that probably wouldn’t end well:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/resurfaced-reddit-clip-shows-flat-earther-accidentally-proving-the-planet-is-round/ar-AATscJx

16 Likes

Are there actually any flat earthers? I think it’s all just grifters and pranksters trying to one up each other in their attempts to appear legitimate to each other.

10 Likes

I was always a fan of Fred Clark’s Missouri Denialists.

8 Likes

Of course there are! They even have conventions where they invite speakers from around the globe to talk about how They are trying to hide the truth about Flat Earth.

22 Likes

Why not? People can definitely be that stupid and/or indoctrinated.

(see also: Evolution, Climate Change, Germ Theory…)

10 Likes

They go to some extreme ends for a prank that’s at their own expense. Are the rest of us so dumb as to believe others are that stupid? At one time that might have been an open question. After 2016, the answer is a clear “no”.

12 Likes

I’ve never been to this… this… [checks notes] Missouri!
hmmph.
Australia, on the other hand is real. my kid’s mom went to boarding school there.
not your fault, Australia, just an unfortunate coincidence to us both.

11 Likes