Flesh sucking phone charger is one of a kind

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/08/10/flesh-sucking-phone-charger-is.html

This again? Has it somehow become more interesting since the last time this was on Boing Boing?

4 Likes

I was about to call the dragon but this is indeed a ‘new’ post…
The giant heart and videos are new at least.

1 Like

12 Likes

The depressing and sadistic fish story kind of ruined the mood for the strange and cool stuff that followed.

19 Likes

Is that the groinal attachment?

3 Likes

Taking a living thing and turning it into an inamiate object with interesting characteristics, is a vastly different sort of activity from taking inanimate materials and turning them into interestingly shaped functional objects. When the author can’t tell the difference between these two activities, I just sort of want to tune out.

4 Likes

eXistenZ. Written like this. One word. Small ‘E’, capital ‘X’, capital ‘Z’. ‘eXistenZ’. It’s new, it’s from Antenna Research, and it’s here… right now.

4 Likes

…to everything in the OP, especially the cruelty to that poor fish. Just no.

9 Likes

Really wondering how much bother it would be to make a DIY, perhaps less animated version of that recharger.

You get a like just for using a Cowboy Bebop gif.
I missed the fish part of the story as this has been posted before. The charger, well I have seen eXistenZ and other Cronenberg films so it is creepy but not something that makes me go nope.

4 Likes

I think it’s pretty much the fish story that set me up for disgust. Otherwise it’s kinda icky, but not that bad. If it was more Giger-esque I might like it a little. But would I use it? Nope. And especially not after the story. :confounded:

2 Likes

No longer sure if we are talking about this item or Existenz?

Edit: Is this the game?

1 Like

"A Fleshlight for my iPhone? No respect I tell ya, even that thing gets more action than I do."

4 Likes

Seconding @TobinL: that is my new favorite nope gif, especially with the SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY thrown in there :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, I kinda want to ask the author what the hell is wrong with him, to think that would go over well. “One time I watched a guy torture an animal to death for kicks! Pretty interesting, huh? Huh?”

2 Likes

“One of a kind?” So all we have to do is kill it with fire and we’ll be safe.

1 Like

I’ve got a nice Videotape to go along with that…

2 Likes

That reminds me… are they serving the McRib year round now, or is it just a summer thing?

2 Likes

Friend of the artist here. One correction, Mio Iizawa is a she, not a he.

4 Likes