Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

Surf? Hell, after the last 2 years, I’m happy to just keep my head above the water, man. Some days, I even manage it!

9 Likes

I fall off that particular surfboard a lot myself.
I’ve been treading mental water for a few years, kicking at sharks and trying not to lose sight of land.

Those are good days.

Arguably, any day I wake up on the right side of the grass is a good day.

8 Likes

5 Likes

West Coast/SW mutants, take precautions!

6 Likes

It’s already begun.

Blazing Heat Wave GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

9 Likes

Death Valley is just going to become more and more uninhabitable than it already is :hot_face:

Is it really worth it to rebuild “infrastructure” there?

6 Likes
6 Likes

season 2 showtime GIF by Shameless

Wow. That is absolutely nuts!

7 Likes
5 Likes

In Arizona, where temperatures are expected to hit triple digits this weekend, 111 people have died from heat-related complications this year in Maricopa County as of Wednesday, according to a report from the county’s public health department.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/09/02/weather/california-heat-wave-friday/index.html

6 Likes

Scary, but I’m not sure that “rare” is an accurate description anymore. :cry: That headline reminded me of footage from France earlier this year, in which roof tiles were riddled with holes. My first thought was that they were lucky no one was hit, because skin is much softer than those tiles.

5 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes

Flooding in NW GA:

Just checked, and nothing on MTG’s facebook or twitter, while her Democratic opponent issued a statement about the flooding. Not surprising, since it’s not like she’s from that part of GA anyway, so why should she care about the people there, except how they can send her money… :roll_eyes:

10 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes

tl;dr

Scroll down and just look at the chart.
:heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Holy shit, look at Singapore and Ireland!

5 Likes