Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

Obviously a Democratic plot! Republican states are the victims here! (Fucking /s, but that doesn’t mean you won’t see claims of victimhood oncoming.)

7 Likes

Big-ass storm on it’s way for damned near everybody in North America.

8 Likes

… with the usual caveat “east of the Rockies”?

7 Likes

The West Coast gets spared for a change, though I’m sure they’ll get plenty of other stuff in due course. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s a big boy!

5 Likes
9 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

“Seattle, where many residents don’t own an air conditioner, also set a new mark for enduring miserably warm weather, with more than six straight days of temperatures above 90°F.”

Most people would call that a very mild summer. But - I’d buy an AC now. When they’re cheap. That mild to me ain’t continuing. Though the likelihood of my being around in 2100 is pretty slim. But maybe better than the odds of the government talking the issue seriously.

8 Likes

I have an air conditioner but it blows outlets and circuit breakers when I try to use it

My room is not insulated and basically can’t be

Our whole infrastructure is not set up for traumatic summer afternoons, it’s a foreign concept :hot_face:

12 Likes

Ugh. In a heat wave - time to unplug everything else on that circuit!

Or maybe get an expensive 10 or maybe 12 gauge extension cord and run it to a line with nothing else allowed on it. That’s how I handled my heater tripping the switch.

A heavy duty cord is a good thing to have anyway.

11 Likes
11 Likes
11 Likes
9 Likes
5 Likes

Again, the catastrophe is here. It’s just moving slowly enough for folks who are determined to do so, to ignore it for now. That’s temporary. The rapid, unignorable changes are right around the corner.

(ETA:)

And then there is this:

Surely all the pro-life folks will now emerge to champion battling climate change to save the babies, right? I mean, if that is really your priority!

6 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

I hope there is jail time for the inevitable (a)holes who continue to water their lawns. Also, golf courses.

7 Likes
1 Like