Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

Oh Europe’s not faring so great these days either.

Ok ok yeah the U.S. has definitely got more of a lot of things but…

… speaking as a U.S.ian right now, we ain’t exceptional on all fronts.

5 Likes
10 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

:thinking: Ok, I’m wondering where that truck was going. That will be in the follow-up report, right? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes
5 Likes

The irony lies in the governments most eager to quash climate change research and publication will be the first to drown. Of course, being that it probably won’t occur until after the next election, they don’t really care.

8 Likes

U S A! U S A!

3 Likes

It might have been that 2012 storm he mentioned. My sister-in-law, passing through on business, was on a call with her :australia: colleagues. They asked her if she was in a war zone… :thinking:

That summer we were paddling through Algonquin Park and saw trees with foot-thick trunks that had been uprooted and deposited, upside down, a half mile across the lake. When you’re in a big storm up there, at night, in a tent, I take heart that the trees around me are usually quite old, so most likely today is not the day… :thinking:

… and it can, indeed, be so peaceful the day before …

7 Likes

Does Manchin know? Shhhhh…

8 Likes
2 Likes

People should read this book…

It starts with a massive heat wave in India that is incredibly destructive.

6 Likes

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. – From long lines, to bagged pumps, to signs that read “no gas,” South Florida drivers found themselves in a similar situation to many gas stations Monday: empty and with no fuel.

“It is very stressful trying to find gas on empty,” driver Eddy Mourani said.

The fuel shortages arose from the fact that Port Everglades was also affected by the historic rainfall that flooded east Broward.

“All the gas, all the diesel, all the jet fuel to the four South Florida counties comes through Port Everglades,” Port Everglades CEO Jonathan Daniels said.

The flood waters damaged several fuel pumps of the 12 private companies that operate there, Daniels said.

Port officials said the issue was not supply, but distribution.

DeSantis will get right on it… after he’s done planning to drag conservatives’ scrotums over broken glass about a The Owl House exhibit at a Disney park.

6 Likes
6 Likes
2 Likes

(From last year about this time)

Climate refugees are already here, and will get much worse. Chunks of the most populated areas on Earth will be rendered uninhabitable without climate control. Which is very lacking it those same areas.

10 Likes

This is one of the key points Robinson makes in his book…

11 Likes

As usual, it is very easy to ignore the consequences of our actions when they fall on populations who we are already used to ignoring.

Angry Weight Loss GIF by Bounce

4 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes