Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

3 Likes

Given what’s happening to US regulatory agencies, I prefer to see more youthful policymakers. Too many older pols have made it clear they care more about power or profit than protecting the environment and the public.

4 Likes

I agree, but sincerely hope this isn’t a lot of window dressing.

3 Likes

Narrator: “Are republicans easily combustible?”

5 Likes

Sadly, no more so than the rest of us.

Season 5 Reaction GIF by Outlander

5 Likes

High temperature records were broken this week in cities like San Angelo, which hit 114 degrees Fahrenheit on Tuesday, and Del Rio, which recorded a high of 113 that day. The heat index, the combination of high humidity and soaring temperatures, measures what the air feels like during such events. The mix of high temperatures and humidity is particularly dangerous because it inhibits the body from being able to cool down.

On Friday, heat index values could reach as high as 120°F.

2 Likes

China is fucked, that is incredibly bad…

2 Likes

But hey Australia gets an inland sea!

1 Like

Probably end up being an incubation tank for some horrible flesh eating bacteria :expressionless:

1 Like

Wanna get really angry? Watch this video at around the 2 minute mark to understand why many rich people are getting pissy about possible private jet and superyacht crackdowns because of environmental reasons

John Kerry has been going around trying to calm these sort of concerns of the rich for political reasons

3 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

oh, look…it doesnt stop…I really wonder if it will hit 21°C this summer again;

and I guess el nino is here?

https://climatereanalyzer.org/clim/sst_daily/

2 Likes

How does the Galapagos manage, being right in the deepest brownest red there? There’s not a lot of wiggle room for weathering change there.

4 Likes

It would be interesting to see this broken into two charts for northern and southern hemispheres :thinking:

2 Likes

A dry weather pest on the cereal crops in Alberta and a mοist, jelly-like pest on the oysters and mussels in Nova Scotia :canada:. The tunicate plague in Nova Scotia is entirely due to the climate crisis.

If you’re struggling with your diet this morning, this story will help… :thinking: :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

(LA Times reprint)

3 Likes

TRUTH!
can’t get Huy Fong sriracha anywhere down here in the way, way south anymore.
be a damn shame too, if i didn’t grow my own peppers, but i’ll save that for the proper bbs threads…

5 Likes

When this happened last year I stocked up on Sambal Oelek (well, what was on the shelf at my local supermarket :blush:) and now I’m nearly out… :cry:

Time to go hunt for some more before this gets widely known north of the border… :thinking:

4 Likes

Florida’s mutant mosquito problem is just getting worse

4 Likes