Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

Bravo!

6 Likes

THREAD

2 Likes

As usual, the focus has been on individual consumers (don’t use straws! even if you need them!) and ignores the fact that the biggest contributor to the problem is industry.

This applies here, too:

5 Likes

CNN Poll: Climate number one issue among Dem voters for 2020. (It’s way down in the CNN article, past a bunch of Biden coverage.)

3 Likes

You want terrifying? I’ll give you terrifying!

“Nice kidneys you got there. Be a crying shame if something was to happen to them!”

4 Likes

How many climate activists really were inspired by playing Final Fantasy 7 twenty years ago?

6 Likes

Happily, it seems the rest of the world is willing to try to save itself even as we in the US tell it to fuck off. Maybe Il Douche would be ok if we just ship it all to Trump tower lobby?

3 Likes

We have mid-August temperatures all week. We’ve had almost no rain (comparatively) since spring began.

I live in a fucking rainforest. Our trees and vegetation do not hoard water. By July/August they will be bone-dry and burn like mad.

I am very, very afraid. If people want to use a cold winter as proof there is no climate change, then I will use a rainforest without rain and call bullshit.

This is just another reason I don’t worry about what my doctor says might be a problem in old age. Really doc? In twenty, thirty years, not only will medicine have improved but do you really think we’ll be living on the same planet? It might be in the same place in the solar system, but if it can be survived on, it won’t be recognisable.

5 Likes

Blame Texas:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/11/us/houston-weather-saturday-wxc/index.html

Adding to his tower’s growing problems…

2 Likes
4 Likes

I love this guy!!! Required viewing!

1 Like
7 Likes
4 Likes

13 Likes

8 Likes
2 Likes

“No one should be lending for 30 years in most of Florida,”

Not going to stop them from trying.

1 Like

4 Likes

Its been fucking raining in New England constantly. I saw a long run climate projection for North America and it suggested the New England area will become a rainforest if climate change persists. Seems plausible.

I’ve seen hypotheses that after the Arctic ice melts the jet stream will change to circulate around Greenland rather than the pole because what it’s really doing is centering on a cold reservior, and the remaining Greenland glacier will become that reservior. I wonder if that’s part of the same idea as a New England rainforest.

1 Like