Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

2 Likes

Ummm, just spit balling here, but…
That’s bad. Pretty sure, yeah that’s bad.

6 Likes

I will enjoy this weather while it lasts.

4 Likes

We’re going to burst into flames aren’t we?

We will all die of heatstroke long before the point of ignition. So, there is that.

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

4 Likes

Preparing For The Heat The Chronicles Of Riddick GIF - Preparing For The Heat The Chronicles Of Riddick Chronicles Of Riddick - Discover & Share GIFs

4 Likes

https://archive.li/xhhxo

:scream:

1 Like
5 Likes

“Senior auto officials at FCA US (Formally Chrysler Group LLC), including Mr. Palma, conspired to circumvent pollution standards and obtain EPA certifications for hundreds of thousands of SUVs and pickup trucks under false pretenses,”

Specifically, FCA US purposely calibrated the emissions control systems on the Subject Vehicles to produce less NOx emissions during the federal test procedures, or driving “cycles,” than when the Subject Vehicles were being driven by FCA US’s customers under normal driving conditions. FCA US then engaged in deceptive and fraudulent conduct to conceal the emissions impact and function of the emissions control systems from its U.S. regulators and U.S. customers by (a) submitting false and misleading applications to U.S. regulators to receive authorization to sell the vehicles, (b) making false and misleading representations to U.S. regulators both in person and in response to written requests for information, and (c) making false and misleading representations to consumers about the Subject Vehicles in advertisements and in window labels, including that the Subject Vehicles complied with U.S. emissions requirements, had best-in-class fuel efficiency as measured by EPA testing, and were equipped with “clean EcoDiesel engine[s]” that reduced emissions.

For example, FCA US referred to the manner in which it manipulated one method of emissions control as “cycle detection” and “cycle beating.” Without the “cycle beating” use of this emissions control software, the Subject Vehicles were unable to pass the emissions portions of the federal test procedures while also receiving a fuel efficiency rating that could be marketed to FCA US’s potential customers as “best-in-class,” consistent with FCA US’s 3.0-liter diesel program’s goals, timing, and marketing strategy. Because FCA US knew that the decision to calibrate the emissions control system used on the Subject Vehicles to perform differently “on cycle” versus “off cycle” would be subjected to significant scrutiny by U.S. regulators, FCA US made false and misleading representations to regulators to ensure that it obtained regulatory approval to sell the Subject Vehicles in the United States.

Car Exhaust GIFs | Tenor

2 Likes

Facethongs didn’t provide the same amount of protection.

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes

Workers rights need to be enforced. We have heating issues in my work sometimes and my colleagues are told by me that if the temperature drops they are entitled to lock the door and walk out. There are EU rules on workplace temperature. I assume max temps are there but never had to look into it.

3 Likes
8 Likes

Spain’s seawater temperature records record highs in 83 years

Missed this:

3 Likes

Sandstorms in Mexico that caused significant damage and power outages:

:astonished: :scream: :cry:

3 Likes

Someone in my area posted about free firewood – Sassafras – because he’s chopping down about 6 trees in total and is unable to find enough people who want firewood to give it away immediately, so he’s BURNING the wood in an open pile just to get rid of it.

Someone else posted:

Thank you for providing the trees and plants with some much needed nutrients. CO2 is plant food and not a pollutant.

So yeah, that’s what it’s like in my neck of the woods. We’ve just gotten clear skies again after the Canadian wildfires seem to be sending their smoke in a different direction now. So, time to add some more smoke and CO2 to our local atmosphere. Yay.

3 Likes

Manure is also a plant food, but that doesn’t mean it’s good to swim in the stuff. :rage:

6 Likes