Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

:thinking:

Those three storms, with Franklin headed towards the UK… do they all look a bit close together, or is it just me?

I’m thinking of Hurricane Hazel (the storm, not our former mayor) which did so much damage to Ontario :canada: because, as was discovered later in modern reconstructions, it was the collision of two storms.

The short range forecast shows Storm Jose getting absorbed into Franklin on Saturday afternoon before heading off to visit the :uk: (or not, depending on the model). Idalia drifts towards GERT-01 but the forecasts differ by Monday on what happens.

Either way, after no days over 30°C in Mississauga in August, we are in for a hot Labour Day and back-to-school week.

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes

https://archive.ph/tqHUP

In September.

Wash out.

Poor muddy hipsters.

3 Likes

@Tamsin_Bailey called it, and Mother Nature followed through :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Cory Doctrow is there and has called this a “minor humanitarian crisis.” Apparently it’s pretty bad.

1 Like
4 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

Isn’t going to the desert inherently dangerous?

2 Likes

(yahoo reprint)

1 Like

An nice refocusing from targeting paintings.

8 Likes
1 Like

I was watching the news tonight and I was shocked. The destruction was terríble. Unfortunately they are expecting more rain for the next days.

6 Likes