Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

2 Likes

no. no, nope.
An American Hippie In Israel Reaction GIF by Atlanta Jewish Film Festival
i’ll see your Babcock Ranch and raise you Labor Day 1935.
that’s all I have to say about that

5 Likes

Classic Film Champagne GIF by Warner Archive

2 Likes
6 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

There are actually climate denial memes?! :exploding_head: I guess I’ve been hanging around the wrong places on the Internet (/SARC)

3 Likes

Nothing we don’t already know, but the perspective is useful.

“Climate breakdown has begun,” declared UN Secretary-General António Guterres. Guterres is not a climate expert himself, but in this case, he’s basing his opinion on the data and analyses generated by the actual experts.

And then there’s this:

By the end of this month, everybody alive who’s never experienced a month with temperatures below the 1951–1980 average will have experienced their 31st birthday.

31 years straight of “above average.” Statistics was not my strongest course, but this seems wrong.

7 Likes
2 Likes

BBC News - Climate change: UN calls for radical changes to stem warming

4 Likes

Monotonically increasing can do that.

1 - average 1, not above average
2 - average 1.5, above average
3 - average 2, above average
4 - average 2.5, above average
5 - average 3, above average

2 Likes

2 Likes
1 Like

Even most of the roofs are underwater. That’s 15-20’ of water.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Thank you for continuing to post these charts. However :weary: it’s starting to take me back… to watching charts with trepidation in early '20 as Covid was ramping up. Knowing something big was about to happen, but no clue how it would actually play out. Looking around at everyone going about their daily business, “well if the problem gets that bad the government will step in.” :weary:

3 Likes