Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

Nearly 2 in 5 Americans breathe unhealthy air. Why it’s getting worse.

5 Likes

Monkey’s paw!

But there is a far larger threat from Debby that will unfold well into next week over the southeastern United States—a major flood storm. Historic flooding is likely in areas of Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, Charleston is probably going fully underwater…

4 Likes

i was speaking locally. we are in a rain deficit for this time of year. i don’t speak for the mainland, northern florida, georgia, or anywhere along the path. and i hope for the best for everyone in the path. i am fully aware of the possible damage there.
we needed rain here in the islands. now that the storm has passed us, we still need more rain!

9 Likes

69450377771dc4c7

:thinking:

4 Likes
3 Likes
9 Likes

Comparing the predicted flooding from Hurricane Debby with previous floods that hit Charleston in 2015:

https://www.fastcompany.com/91167837/hurricane-debby-global-warming-flooding-charleston

6 Likes
8 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

description:

Hi. Climate change is real. We all know that. But, Jordan Peterson does not. Today, let’s go through the science and see if we can convince him.

tldr; no, no we cant. (and who gives a fuck about him anyways…)

e/

‘It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.’ - Upton Sinclair

thnx, Alex-js5lg.

1 Like
9 Likes
6 Likes

This is horrible.

sad alison brie GIF

4 Likes
4 Likes

Video is cued:

9 Likes

We talked about it as reality in school in the late 1960s-early 1970s. It was a known fact, and thus taught in math & science classes.

8 Likes

Good thing everybody immediately did something about it so it could be nipped in the bud and we don’t have to worry about it today!

7 Likes

13 Likes