Florida atheists pair public nativity scene with a combustible Trump-themed Distrestivus pole

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/02/florida-atheists-pair-public-n.html

9 Likes

I approve of this holiday display!

16 Likes

Sorry, what was the purpose of the pole again?

2 Likes

It’s for the restivus.

45 Likes

Bring on the feats of strength!

16 Likes

The Airing of Grievances is going to be really long this year.

44 Likes

24 Likes

22 Likes

What’s the over-under on it getting vandalized?

9 Likes

Vandalizing something that’s there to be vandalized takes the fun out of it.

13 Likes

It’ll be an interesting challenge for the MAGA “patriots” depending on how securely that flag is attached to the pole.

13 Likes

Gosh, it’s great to be an American.

8 Likes

He wants to burn an American flag?!?!?! The horrors! Bring me my very softest fainting couch immediately!

When they start handing out armbands and axe handles I am out of here

9 Likes

(Pulls whisky flask from coat pocket.)

11 Likes

It is to be admired for its “very high strength-to-weight ratio.”

9 Likes

Suddenly the idea of burning Trump hats is way more appealing than burning American flags.

9 Likes

What section of Walmart? The seasonal department in my local emporium is busting into all areas of the store with _Christmas Crap_™.

3 Likes

Only second-hand ones, please. Don’t want to pay him in order to protest him.

9 Likes

I thought Atheism wasnt a religion?

Meanwhile looks like Chabad of Deerfield will be doing a public menorah lighting with city officials for Hanukah.

http://www.chabaddeerfield.com/templates/articlecco_cdo/aid/2788349

1 Like

Freedom of religion includes freedom from religion, which by necessity includes the right to take the piss out of the actions of the religious at times.

There wouldn’t be any Festivus poles on government land if they weren’t already covered in icons of the religious. So long as the Christians et al get space for their nativity scenes and such, so too will there be a need for public Festivus poles.

14 Likes