Florida city commissioner proposes cure for coronavirus: "hold a blow dryer in front of your face, and inhale"

5 Likes

yup. that lady. PAM FUCKING TRIOLO.

3 Likes

Some politicians think blowing hot air is the solution for everything.

20 Likes

This came up in my playlist while reading through the comments:

I feel like this needs to be played along with any political rally, speech, or anytime the Trump opens his gob.

Hey
Everything is not okay
We lost too much along the way
The passengers are out today
It looks as though they’re here to stay
This paranoia turns to fear
This too is whispering in your ear
Pretending but I know you hear
That’s how we fucking end up here

It has been awhile since I listened to NIN.

Yesterday I found out the world was ending
Yesterday I found out the world was ending

A little more
Every day
Falls apart and
Slips away

I don’t mind
I’m okay
Wish it didn’t
Have to end this way

These four walls are closing in
Ticking time is running out

6 Likes

Has anyone found the OANN segment to which Florida Commissioner Man referred?

1 Like

I hear a dry cleaning bag is really effective against the virus if it’s put over the head and cinched tight around the neck, then left in place for a few minutes. Maybe OANN could convince Trump to field test that one for us?

5 Likes
8 Likes

Heard a great new phrase the other day:

That fella’s got a whole head full of stupid.

4 Likes

If you are accustomed to having your head up your ass, the hand driers in some public restrooms aren’t all that difficult to use in this therapeutic manner.

1 Like

Th people actually paying attention to this kind of thing tend to be paranoid idiots and are easily swayed by things like Fox ‘news’. And they vote. Many of us have simply given up on voting. They have not. And here we are.

1 Like

We have a perfect “scary story” for Halloween this year

“imagine if trump is re-elected and we get 4 more years of this horror show, bringing every other idiot out of the woodwork”

Those $600 checks aren’t going to put a dent in the $10,000 hospital visits.

But hey who needs a $10K ventilator, N95 masks and experimental medication when you can use a $10 hair dryer and burn your face/nose with 130 degree air, why didn’t those stupid doctors think of that.

Can you imagine this in the CDC guidelines? Right next to the re-using mask instructions. Can’t believe it’s 2020 in America

ps. if that guy was a paramedic someone needs to do a followup on all patients

4 Likes

There are two reasons to get into politics; a sense of service and ambition. These are not mutually exclusive and most who enter the field have far more of the latter than the former. Ambition is, perhaps the #1 predictor of “success” and success in politics almost always looks like rising to higher and higher levels of authority via gamesmanship.

The sad reality of this is that the more power people wield, the less capable they are of wielding it responsibly.

That, and local politics are remarkably easy to game; any goddamn moron can run and if they can get 100 or so of their meathead buddies to show up and vote, it’s a foregone conclusion.

4 Likes

I take your meaning, but I hate the zero tolerance thing. It basically means you’ve abdicated any responsibility for evaluating various situations. “Not my problem; them’s da rules!!!”.

3 Likes

I concur. But since I can’t seem to change this practice in 19 years now (I have 19, 16, and 12 yr olds) then hey…can’t beat em join em! If we hold children to this standard we BETTER hold adults to it.

Not to be an idiot, and I am serious, would using a neti pot to wash out your sinuses be a viable tactic?

Would that be like washing your hands except for inside your nose & sinuses?

WTH has become of the BB commentators? No Bugs Bunny sawing off Floriday GIF yet?!!! These are strange times, indeed.

The outside of your hands are covered by a layer of dead skin. Soap, alcohol, and disinfectants that kill bacteria and inactivate/denature viruses also kill your cells. That is not a big problem for skin already covered in dead cells, but for areas like sinus membranes its much more of a problem.

If you somehow knew that your nose just contacted the virus and it hadn’t spread anywhere else (hard to imagine a scenario where that would be the case) then a nasal disenfecting would probably help.
As a regular preventative measure like handwashing, though, the main effect of disinfecting (or blow drying) your sinuses would be making your sinuses less healthy and more susceptible to infection

2 Likes
2 Likes

At this rate of official stupidity, facepalming will be the new infection vector.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.