Florida city commissioner proposes cure for coronavirus: "hold a blow dryer in front of your face, and inhale"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/23/florida-city-commissioner-prop.html

5 Likes

Guess which other idiot gets his facts from One America News?

eta: And the other shoe.

32 Likes

Maybe you could just give us a demonstration, Mr. Culpepper?

20 Likes

How do such people get into positions of authority?

7 Likes

In part? Politics attracts a lot of privileged asshats too stupid and corrupt to make it in other careers, which in turn makes politics repellent to those who aren’t. Rinse and repeat for a few hundred election cycles.

27 Likes

Grew up in FL (moved there from NYC when I was 7 …THANKS dad), and I was in Okeechobee once on my way from Tampa to Miami (this was before Alligator Alley was even remotely safe). Aside from Orlando, many people in FL consider the middle of the peninsula “flyover country”.

That place is basically a swamp that grows stuff year round. I doubt you’ll find many qualified individuals for positions of authority.

10 Likes

The stupid, it burns. Literally.

30 Likes

The sad thing is that we know exactly what this genius was doing right before he left the house - drying out his sinuses and increasing his risk.

10 Likes

So Florida Man has been promoted to Florida Commissioner?

23 Likes

Darwin Award in 3, 2, 1 …

7 Likes

Do you think you can’t run for office because you are just a lowly worker bee? Look at your competition. Now, run for office.

9 Likes

If a blow-drying is effective; then a paint stripper would be doubly so, right?

22 Likes

And a propane torch quadrupally so. It’s only logical.

22 Likes

While sitting in a bathtub, perhaps?

9 Likes

That “blow dryer” thing, yeah that is a real doozy.

2 Likes

As we say here in Kentucky “Some people are plumb shiny with stupid.”

10 Likes

here is the thing. I am all for accepting that all of us have said stupid things before and will again. HOWEVER…this should lead to him being FIRED. no questions asked. no comments made…GTFO, THERE’S THE DOOR, FIRED.

9 Likes

OAN makes FOX look actually “fair and balanced”. They had a reporter at one of the recent press conferences and I swear they were about to get up there and start fondling the president’s balls with all the praise they were heaping on before the “question”. (Something like, “Do you think you are handling this outbreak well, or really well?”

7 Likes

Agreed. There is a whole class of actions that ought to be prima facie the preamble to a letter of resignation or a dismissal for cause.

4 Likes

point blank during a time of crisis if a public official says anything that is potentially harmful to the general public or stirs increased panic…instant removal from office. We do zero tolerance for children in public schools for the things they say and do and they are KIDS! Adults need to learn that YES one mistake can be enough to cost you your job. bugger off!

This guy and that woman from the other Florida County/Town that wants to turn off people’s utilities.

6 Likes