Florida GOP candidate Lavern Spicer: "There are no pronouns in the Constitution."

Originally published at: Florida GOP candidate Lavern Spicer: "There are no pronouns in the Constitution." | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Followers of an non-binary God who’s asexual son came to earth to spread hope, love and a message of forgiveness wants to use the faith as an excuse to treat gay and trans teens like shit. Oh the irony.

33 Likes

The very first word of the Constitution is “We”.

68 Likes

Um… “WE the people,” ya stupid ass fuckhead???

@chgoliz

I hate it that she’s Black and this incredibly moronic; it makes us all look bad…

38 Likes

And why does she do her eyes to make them look like Devil horns? There is something so ‘off’ about her.

11 Likes

Though not aesthetically pleasing to me, I don’t care how she does her makeup; her abject willingness to be an idiot for the fascists is what pisses me off.

35 Likes

I totally agree with you, and you know I’m not usually one to point out surface characteristics, but she’s choosing the red – I assume to scream I’M A REPUBLICAN – and it feels quite deliberate. She’s trying so hard. It’s pathetic.

13 Likes

Agreed.

9 Likes

Her tweets can be interpreted the other way around. Let’s just do away with pronouns altogether

10 Likes

Would she be happier if we referred to all people as it? Of course not! I suspect her grasp of grammar is a poor as her ideas on being Christian.

5 Likes

So, Mr. Lavern Spicer won’t mind if I call him, “him”, then. Cool cool. Thanks for the tweets, sir!

10 Likes

Obligatory, because some people clearly never saw this as kids:

24 Likes

And on the subject of Jesus, to be honest, many European portrayals of Jesus are quite androgynous or feminine, from Renaissance times on. He is often portrayed having long flowing hair and almost having boobs.

3 Likes

As mentioned in a similar thread - these people don’t like reading.

Read Beauty And The Beast GIF

17 Likes

I tried Amazon and a number of other independent booksellers, but I haven’t been able to find a copy of this Spicer Bible that has the pronouns removed, nor a copy of a pronounless US constitution. Any tips BB?

10 Likes

These people just don’t know what a pronoun is, do they?

11 Likes

I think you are given them when you swear that Qesus is your lord and Saviour, with Donald Trump sitting at his right hand.

12 Likes

Another Republican Constitutional and Biblical “scholar”…

7 Likes

It’s easy to dunk on these gourds for not knowing what a pronoun is – but we do need to remember that when they say they hate pronouns, what they mean is they hate trans people.

29 Likes

Of course they do, and that’s exactly what they mean; that they have to stoop to gaslighting about parts of grammar just shows how craven and disingenuous they are about their hateful beliefs.

28 Likes