Florida man arrested for shoplifting, cute puppy accomplice also in custody

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/07/florida-man-arrested-for-shopl.html

3 Likes

So the dog is cover?

4 Likes

I wonder if people in Florida are fully aware of the whole “Florida man” thing.

4 Likes

If it’s a true Florida Man story, that puppy is actually an alligator in a puppy suit.

13 Likes

“McGruff, the Crime Dog: The Early Years”

“Why are you doing crimes, McGruff?”

“What part of ‘crime dog’ don’t you understand?”

9 Likes

I have seen that puppy face before and screams CRIMINAL!

1 Like

Sounds like he’s not the only one engaged in theft.

5 Likes

Having seen the booking photo, I’m a little worried about the shoplifter. He looks like he could use a sandwich.

1 Like

Dang, that’s a cute puppy.

3 Likes

Tom the dancing bug?

1 Like

Get two sandwiches because they look exactly the same!

9 Likes

Adorable Alibi.

Looks like the puppy is the brains of this outfit…
Which would explain the ‘bad plan, worse execution’ predicament they ended up in.

1 Like

You have the right to remain fluffy. Anything you pee on can be yours. You have the right to a squeaky chewie. If you do not have a squeaky chewie, one will be appointed to you. You can decide to nap at anytime. Do you understand these rights?

12 Likes

Why are they taking this mans dog away from him? People here don’t usually support police asset seizure, let alone emotional abuse.

2 Likes

(the puppy looks too young to be weaned to this [non-veterinarian] dog lover)

1 Like

Paranormal investigators didn’t suspect the puppy until a succession of adoptive owners were booked for shoplifting and meth possession…

2 Likes

I hope they’re merely sheltering the puppy until his human makes bail. While I’m reluctant to make a judgement from a mugshot alone, I do wonder if the young Mr. Wilson was desperate (though why one would burglar a fishing shop I couldn’t guess). He frankly looks malnourished. Some people have a hard time asking for help, and even when they’re able, help isn’t always available.

Not really equatable, but I agree this family shouldn’t be permanently separated on the basis of his crime alone (acknowledging that there could be other factors of which we’re unaware).

In this case I’m not going to mock this Florida man as Florida Man.

3 Likes

Despite the name Bass Pro Shop is a gigantic sporting goods store. Much more than just fishing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.