Florida man disguised himself as cardboard box to rob phone store (video)

Originally published at: Florida man disguised himself as cardboard box to rob phone store (video) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Reminds me of the silliest stealth tactic the Metal Gear Solid games.

17 Likes

my man couldn’t even take the time to cut some eyeholes or pick a bag that would be easier to stuff merchandise into? Then hangs out near the scene of the crime? Watching amateur hour shit like this makes me want to commit petty crimes just to have it done right.

13 Likes

Got to give him a couple of points for not accidentally slashing his wrists while sweeping up those phones with that nice big sharp shard right in the middle of the case.

7 Likes

He’d have been better off with the bag on his head, and dropping the phones in to the box. :thinking::crazy_face:

6 Likes

Oh, come on. This is “man disguises himself with cardboard box”, not “man disguises himself as cardboard box”.

10 Likes

Your disappointment has been duly noted. :wink: Me, too, though. I hoped he was going to come creeping in as if the box was on the countertop, slowly making his way over.

@HMSGoose - I’d never do it, but I sometimes had similar thoughts during T’s administration. Everyone was such a bumbling moron, I thought, “if I wanted to (and were willing to live a soulless, conscienceless life) I bet I could really climb the ranks of an organization like that.”

7 Likes

So. . . a new version of “dick in a box.”

See, the key with “dick in a box” is step 1: cut a hole in the box.

3 Likes

Just look at the solve rates for most crimes and you realize that the folks that get caught must be the truly stupid. Even if we allow for a 25% edge where the police know who did it but can’t get what they need for an arrest, at least 15% of murderers get away with it.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Snake? SNAKE!? SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!

1 Like

Is this just a Florida thing? Drinking at the liquor store?

2 Likes

You spelled “awesomest” wrong there.

Best part of MGS (compared to, say, Splinter Cell) is that it never took itself too seriously. :smile:

2 Likes

Oh yay! I haven’t had an excuse in months to post a family Hallowe’en costume.

Bonus points for naming the scary monster pictured.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.