Florida man wearing "hover shoes" brazenly rolls out of Walmart with cart of stolen goods

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/17/florida-man-wearing-hover-sh.html

3 Likes

Florida McFly is the only McFly that fits this timeline.

z1400

6 Likes

Being a criminal works best when you do it brazenly and publicly and don’t bother to try and hide what you’re doing. See: President Trump.

24 Likes

Helps to be born with silver spoon in mouth.

9 Likes

Are they just roller skates?

1 Like

Motorised ones, and just with a single wheel per foot, but yeah.

If nothing else this man’s antics are a good advert. The idea is so stupid but I can feel myself wanting a pair.

(I’ll suppress the temptation by thinking of the jump stilts mouldering in my loft)

11 Likes

Thieves know that no one will stop them. Been a big problem here in Canada at liquor stores. A friend who works in retail said people just walk out with stuff; best they can do is try to get a licence plate and tell the cops, who likely don’t care anyway.

2 Likes

Just once, while I yet walk this World of Wonders, I should like to see a literal “brazen theft”, like in the old days:

Colossus_of_Rhodes

8 Likes

Maybe he just didn’t know how to stop them rolling?

3 Likes

Maybe he’s from an alternate timeline.

5 Likes

It helps when the guy in charge of punishing you decides getting conservative judges appointed is more important than literally anything.

1 Like

“A paper receipt? Just stick it on my blockchain grandpa.”

4 Likes

Wow. My Walmart has a person posted at each door that annoys you for a receipt if you even dare to have one unbagged item. Maybe that technology hasn’t reached Florida yet.

(and for what it’s worth, I always decline the receipt check)

2 Likes

Maybe he’s from a future where we’ve ended capitalism.

3 Likes

Way ahead of you here in the UK

4 Likes

I think they’ve conflated the hover board with the self-lacing shoes.

2 Likes

Perhaps the Florida state statutes define retail theft as walking or running out of an establishment with goods without having first paid.

Not Guilty!

Florida man possesses a keen legal mind.

8 Likes

OK, someone needs to make a version of these (maybe ones you fully wear) that go like 20-30mph.

And then, someone needs to come up with a gun you can mount in your forehead.

Obviously, we already have Illustrated Primers…

or even shelf lacers

“Police are looking for a man yelling, ‘Help! Help! Someone please help me!’”

4 Likes