Florida man hires pool cleaner, then shoots 30 rounds when he doesn't recognize him

Originally published at: Florida man hires pool cleaner, then shoots 30 rounds when he doesn't recognize him | Boing Boing

4 Likes

He fired a total of 30 rounds in 90 seconds.

90 seconds.

What The Hell Wtf GIF by CBS

23 Likes

“It was lawful but awful.”

Well, at least they’ve evolved from “thoughts and prayers”.

34 Likes

The fact you can hire someone to come to your home then kill or attempt to kill them when they show up and it’s not illegal is completely mind-boggling to my non-American brain.

Got a beef with someone? Just hire them to come clean your pool and gun 'em down. WTAF is wrong with the USA?

50 Likes

Missing; fortunately. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

9 Likes

I mean, even if there was a legit “killer” out there, I would think maybe 3 or 4 shots in the space of 5 seconds would be sufficient to scare somebody off. But 90 seconds feels like a lifetime.

I think the dude wanted to kill somebody real bad.

34 Likes

How to get away with murder: Order Uber Eats and have a terrible memory. Fire away. Rinse and repeat.

14 Likes

Or, in the case of your Uber Eats scenario, “Rinse and reheat”.

15 Likes

I am American and it makes no sense to me either. Even is it was burglary, the dude spraying 30 high powered rounds in a residential setting seems like the bigger threat to the public.

38 Likes

Think of it as sort of like buying an indulgence – the action might be wrong but because you have a holy item you’re redeemed for it. Most Americans don’t belong to the church of the gun, of course, but then the laws don’t reflect what most Americans want.

24 Likes

Should land folks like this on some kind of “if you are offered a job by this person or at this address, do not take it” list. Let’s see how long they can manage to do everything with no outside assistance while trying to clutch their weapons at the same time.

planet of the apes chimpanzees GIF

27 Likes

Just a matter of time till someone Stands Their Ground™ and shoots a couple of Jehovah’s Witnesses trying to hang a Watchtower on the front door. Won’t that be a constitutional kerfuffle!

13 Likes

WTF? I thought stand your ground was supposed to apply when one is actively being threatened and unable to escape. Mind you, I think the sheriff’'s office is honoring the spirit of the law and interpreting it as intended (as a tool to facilitate homicide) now that I think about it.

17 Likes

Oh, he’s obviously yet another resp…, oh, wait, what?

7 Likes

beware the beast man, for he is the devil’s pawn. He alone among god’s children…

(that’s all I could remember off the top of my head)

6 Likes

Florida seems like a really horrible place to live (especially if you are lower class/not white/female/LGBT/non-Christian or any combination of the above). Of course I know it’s it’s also not easy to just move (im having a hard time financially myself in california but all the expenses involved in moving, finding another affordable place etc are complicating things… which is Im sure is a large reason there’s also a lot of un-housed people here - but maybe that’s another rabbit hole)

12 Likes

Is it not possible to name and shame this person at a minimum? So he is at least stuck cleaning his own pool b/c I can’t imagine anyone wanting to take that job.

11 Likes

Definitely a “fire your client” situation.

10 Likes

Not all humans, but some of 'em seem determined to do their absolute worst.

11 Likes

I mean, okay, I can understand the homeowner being freaked out, because who expects the pool cleaner to show up at 9pm at night in the dark, but what kind of psycho thinks, “Hey, someone’s out by the pool - clearly they deserve to get blown to bits! Also, the neighbors, while I’m at it.”?

14 Likes