Florida now banning books where a character might be gay

Well, there goes every slightly older book depicting strong male friendships.

8 Likes

Well, Florida Department of Education is banning it.

At first read, I was thinking, wow, it’s come to where states can determine what books are purchased? I was TERRIFIED for a moment.

3 Likes

If it helps, you should still be terrified over this.

10 Likes

IIRC some MAGA nitwit recently explained why having a relationship with a woman is gay and unmanly. I can’t remember who it was though.

7 Likes

I don’t think Steve Hughes is MAGA.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Let’s not even think about Ratty and Mole

9 Likes

Jesus didn’t have a Y chromosome though.

Wait, does that mean he is trans? Is God woke for allowing him to self identify?

9 Likes

If I remember correctly, there are no women in Treasure Island. And you know what sailors are like. :wink:

4 Likes

Hey, give Mrs. Hawkins some credit. She was a single mother who also ran an Inn frequented by some very unsavory characters. Definitely no pushover.

9 Likes

My mistake. It still doesn’t negate the sus behaviour of a whole bunch of men setting off on a long sea voyage together. I mean, statistically speaking…

4 Likes

I think they’re referring to this:

4 Likes

Beard Pirate GIF by HBO Max

4 Likes

I think we might be safe with Relativity Textbooks, as long as there is no mention of Quantum Mechanics.

4 Likes

Yes. Some of those quarks sound mighty suspicious.

Also, came here to say “So they’ll be banning the bible then,” but I see others have already covered that issue.

4 Likes

Fight Club.

Manliest book ever written.

/s

3 Likes

Hence “Jesus H. Christ.” The H is for haploid.

5 Likes

Back in a previous lifetime when I was working for a doctorate in quantum physics - lattice gauge theory, to be precise - degenerate perturbation methods came into it a lot to make the calculations doable.
Despite my best efforts, it never became a band name.

2 Likes

New petition: Rename the Up and Down quarks as “Top” and “Bottom”.

1 Like

The phrase could refer to bands that make you pogo in general. Think I’ll go and make a mix tape… let’s see, Sex Pistols, Bad Brains, S.N.F.U., the Ramones…

2 Likes