Florida representative who sponsored "Don't Say Gay" law jailed for fraud

Originally published at: Florida representative who sponsored "Don't Say Gay" law jailed for fraud | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Full House GIF

14 Likes

“Hey, look over there while I’m picking your pocket.” The Republican mantra.

17 Likes

In my book forcing hateful ideologies and suppressing the rights of teachers to educate and support the children entrusted to their care qualifies as “beyond the pale.” A Republican stealing taxpayer money is just Tuesday.

19 Likes

“ The theft of any amount of taxpayer funds is inexcusable," said U.S. Attorney Jason Coody in a news release.

Then why isn’t other Florida man Gaetz in jail? I’m pretty sure I heard that he had some funny money shenanigans going on.

9 Likes

Yup. Despite clear evidence, an underage witness and a “wingman” turning state’s evidence, the Florida AG declined to prosecute claiming the evidence “wasn’t credible”. Of course declining to prosecute is not the same as an acquittal. Matt pisses off the wrong people and they can easily start it up again.

7 Likes

“However, the defendant’s deceptive acts of diverting emergency financial assistance from small businesses during the pandemic is simply beyond the pale.”

And they publicly express pride in being called “public servants”. Like the usurpation of “freedom” in their organizations’ naming, it’s all just lipstick on a pig and meant for the rubes and sleepwalkers.

6 Likes

I kinda wish he had been jailed for writing that law. Discrimination should be illegal, and creating state supported discrimination should be punishable.

7 Likes

Anyone want to place bets that a Republican who scammed taxpayers out of Covid funds simultaneously denies the virus exists?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.