Florida Sheriff: triple homicide by Homeland Security employee was ritual killing tied to “blue moon”

Wiccan extremist!

1 Like

The DHS employee was one of the victims, not a suspect.

1 Like

When the Wiccans kick in your door
How you gonna come?
With your hands on your head
Or on the trigger of your gun

When the witches break on in
How you gonna go?
Shot down on the pavement
Or waiting on death row

You can crush us
You can bruise us
But you’ll have to answer to
Oh, the Burning Times of Brixton

2 Likes

#what is that i dont even

1 Like

Not if you’re America!

You’re Christian, your neighbor is Christian, your dog is Christian, your house was made by Christians, your clothes may have been made in Indonesia, but you bought them at Wal-Mart from a Christian. Heck, even those dadgum immigrants are Christian!

It’s turtles all the way down.

9 Likes

A couple points:

1. Writing a post that begs to differ with another post is not necessarily indicative of upset.
  2. The existence of advantages does not mean that every single thing you look at is due to an advantage.

It seems very reasonable to believe that a person of Middle Eastern descent is much more likely to be suspected of something with “Terrorism” motive. On the other hand, the world doesn’t quite sort out into “Middle Eastern” and “White”. Do you think everyone would be talking terrorism if the suspect was Japanese? Black? Native American? Do you think it is possible at all that in this specific case that terrorism talk wasn’t mentioned because it didn’t match up as a motive?

Benjaminterry is right. I’m not upset, but I find it tiring. I cannot imagine her writing, “There’s no talk of terrorism because he is also Japanese.”

It isn’t wrong to point out that bigotry can affect everyone. And sadly, it is a really fun thing for some journalists to be snarky about white people. Perpetuating the “white people bad/brown people good” meme damages everyone.

Not as much as pretending an awareness of white privilege/de facto supremacy is ‘the “white people bad/brown people good” meme’ does.

6 Likes

I know you’re making a joke, but on the serious side that was my first reaction too: a ritual/religious killing is not done by claw hammer + throat slitting + gunshot.

They’re really stretching here to demonize who they want to demonize, and protect what they want to protect.

8 Likes

Not in the U.S., unfortunately.

3 Likes

When has that ever figured into mainstream sensational news reporting before?

It’s not a bout the facts – it’s about the viewership levels.

1 Like

Mod note: Stay on topic. And the topic isn’t you.

8 Likes

The problem with this spin is just like you said. This guy one of the heads of Homeland Security’s cyber division. What hasn’t been leaked was that there were emails to the boss saying he needed Wed 1/2 day off then another email later saying he needed rest of day off and then that night another email to DHS boss saying Agent Smith needed Thurs off too. This was in the search warrant request. Why would a “ritualistic” killer know to email boss at DHS?
Here’s his credentials http://governmentsalarydata.com/department-of-homeland-security/information-technology-management/richard-t-smith-emp601944

1 Like

“Initial research had led us to believe it was a ritualistic killing,” Morgan said, adding that police have identified a “person of interest” in the case.

Asked to elaborate, Morgan replied, “The method of the murder — blunt force trauma … positioning of the bodies — and our person of interest has some ties to a faith or religion that is indicative of that.”

So what’s indicative of a “ritual murder”? Blunt force trauma? Nope. Positioning of the bodies? Maybe. The religion of the suspect? Oh, hey, Wiccans are all human sacrificers. Given their flawless logic (bodies found on full Moon, but killed many days earlier, therefore connected to full Moon), I have to wonder if he’s a suspect purely because of his religion or they’ve decided he’s a Wiccan because they’ve decided it’s a ritual killing.

“There are different factions of (witchcraft). While it doesn’t bother me to release that particular thing, I most assuredly do not want to defame or demean any particular practice”

Wow, he’s like an expert. Too late on that defaming bit, though. Apparently the Satanic panic never ended in Florida.

5 Likes

Smoke and mirrors…this is bigger than just a “ritual” killing. There was communication between murderer and boss @ Homeland Security. Something’s up.

1 Like

Especially when dealing with a one of the top cyber crimes Homeland Security agent…doesn’t jive!

2 Likes

I don’t think I understand who they’re trying to protect - saying that the DHS dude was some sort of culty weirdo doesn’t protect the DHS in the public eye. Rather than a bastion for murderers, its a bastion for cultists, and that distinction is awfully fine for the public - it’s still a place where Very Bad People hang out. That doesn’t deflect the judgement of the public, it just gives it a certain flavor.

The Sheriff’s shenanigans are suspicious, which makes me wonder if it’s obfuscation to protect the sherrifs, not DHS…but if’s successful, if so, because I can’t understand why they’d need that protection.

Oh, I got it! Contaminated crime scene due to sheriff’s deputies moving the bodies.

2 Likes

Somehow, I doubt it was witchcraft…it’s well-known that the South is full of vampires…

5 Likes

Little known fact: all blunt force trauma deaths are ritual killings.

4 Likes