Flossy holds the Guiness World Record for being the oldest living cat

Originally published at: Flossy holds the Guiness World Record for being the oldest living cat | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Well that answers an issue of longstanding debate here in the Boing. Who voted for “oldest living cat”?

14 Likes

am i surprised that she is a tortie? as a former owner of an old tortie, not in the slightest. those kitties have a fierce will.

5 Likes

She’s Steve’s namesake, or he is hers!

I still say that Flossy is human - he’s let the character slip a handful of times over the years.

10 Likes

This cat is clear a “cut & shut” job, made from two younger cats; you can see the join down the middle of its face.

2 Likes

if there is a record for our friend Flossy, it must be for “most misunderstood commentor” on the bbs.
i find them refreshing if not occasionally relevatory!

oops! i meant revelatory! d’oh!

6 Likes

So say we all.

5 Likes

Relavatory? :thinking:

3 Likes

[Is shocked at bas-relief-look etching on ceiling of lavatory. Who puts dark clouds above a lav? Scrub intensifies.] If I have to take my senior cat to medical appointments every week, sometimes twice, it better be revelatory.

7 Likes

Welcome to the conversation. I know I speak for all of us in offering our favourite geriatric feline congratulations on your Guiness* World Record.

*The farm team for the pro-level Guinness World Records.

5 Likes

Not to be a flea in the litter box, but Guiness is a novelty publishing company and not a records keeping or verification service. People often pay to get a record set, and the only oversight consists of people seeing falsehoods and complaining.

2 Likes

I was just poking fun at the typo in the headline. Is there actually a 1n Guiness publisher or are you talking about the 2n Guinness (the famous one)?

A quick google is maddening, turning up countless websites that seem to use both spellings randomly.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.