Follow-up

Phone Reaction GIF

5 Likes

I enjoyed the comments very much - TLDR: “Doesn’t mean that he is not a piece of shit”. It does my heart good to see so much pushback against the idea of this “exonerating” him

9 Likes

It also doesn’t mean that it’s not true… it just means the DA does not have the evidence for a slam dunk… and of course, abuse of women is never at the top of the priorities for police or DAs…

8 Likes

Well, Polygon isn’t your average gaming community

2 Likes

Credit default swaps are back baby!

10 Likes

I’m actually surprised Deutsche Bank has held up this long. We know how poor their judgment has been regarding Trump’s financial interactions with them, and one can only imagine how many other clients fit this mold.

12 Likes

They were damn close to failing last time around.

9 Likes
9 Likes

Another story related to the CROWN Act and workplace bias:

11 Likes

That topic title wasn’t entirely accurate. One song from In Rainbows (“Faust Arp”) was arranged using The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. on4word has arranged another Radiohead song in that style, but this time with a music video made with some simple movements of the in-game camera in the Lost Woods area of that game.

3 Likes
9 Likes

This is getting ever more fucked up…

11 Likes

they worried for their lives because they thought people with stds were going to dump feces on them!? they don’t need a new training facility for that kind of bs

7 Likes

What I’ve found really disappointing is Mayor Dickens just leaning into the outside agitator BS… He should know better than that…

8 Likes

On Friday, the Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression (FIRE) filed a federal lawsuit on behalf of Spectrum WT seeking an injunction forcing the university to allow the event on campus, Law and Crime reports. The suit claims that Wendler admitted to censoring the show and that doing so violates the Constitution.

9 Likes
6 Likes

7 Likes

Young Lee lives in California and was told on a Friday that the hearing about vacating Syed’s conviction would take place three days later, on a Monday. He was allowed to participate in the hearing over Zoom, but the appellate pourt panel said that wasn’t adequate

sounds like he and the rest of the family did in fact attend over zoom. the article’s a little ambiguous, but i guess the brother argued he should have been able to be there in person

( i’ll be honest i don’t really get how that relates to vacating the conviction either way. it doesn’t sound like the family was there to testify, only to listen )

5 Likes

More on the topic of consent:

7 Likes

Here’s a good long reach back…

8 Likes