Follow-up

This wasn’t Bassett’s first mistake on air. Reports say she had to make a formal apology just last year after referencing a Black grandmother as a ”grandmammy.”

Confused Robert Downey Jr GIF

7 Likes

An update on the wealth gap:

:weary:

6 Likes

i cannot begin to say just how happy this news has made me.
her story - from the brutal kidnapping of tokitae and and six of her podmates (all who have died in captivity), to the fifty!!! years in a ridiculously small enclosure - has been a cause that i have actively supported and helped to picket and protest against miami seaquarium (and its new owners).
that she may go home to her mother who is known to be alive in the L Pod in the Salish sea of the PNW fills my shiveling heart with a joy and hope for us all.
i haven’t the depth to put it in any other words, but what i can offer is inadequate to express this elation.

these exploitative marine animal shows have got to stop.

orca are cool!
whales are cool!
octopodes are cool!
dolphins are still jerks.

17 Likes

I see that the reign of the NYC rat czar has begun!

10 Likes
12 Likes

No Fox viewers will ever switch to CNN.

Duh.

7 Likes

It was particularly noticeable in their coverage of the T**** indictment. Every quote and source was from T**** or his family or his enablers. No quotes from anyone else.

8 Likes

McCarthy and Pence are the ones making the front page.

Not Stormy. Huh.

9 Likes

… but but but JEEBUS IS REAL :crazy_face:

5 Likes

do i know you

7 Likes

Remember the white lesbian couple who fostered 6 Black kids, put them all over social media, and then drove them all off a cliff?

There is a transcript link – automated, but better than usual for Slate.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I hope they injected a tracking tag into them. Deep.

7 Likes

You know they think they’re smarter than the average bear. That better be a very secure house.

6 Likes

Like, Harkonnen heart plug deep.

8 Likes
2 Likes

I think one of the worst things about US corporate culture is the cultivation of an attitude that you may not act independently if you feel you are in danger – that a supervisor has to approve your self-preservation. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

At 4:30 p.m., Borges told the AP, she smelled natural gas. It was strong and nauseated her. Borges and her co-workers approached their supervisor, asking “what was going to be done, if we were going to be evacuated,” she recalled.

Borges said the supervisor noted someone higher up would have to make that decision. So she got back to work.

4 Likes

Kristen Wiig Yep GIF by Where’d You Go Bernadette

It’s in part driven by the fear of losing one’s job and how much that would disrupt one’s life.

6 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes