Follow-up

Continuing the discussion from FTC: Amazon tricked users into signing up for Prime and made it too hard to cancel it:

Bloody bastards.

6 Likes

I just about never shop online but I have bought one thing on amazon. A gift for my wife I believe. After the purchase I was hit with a fee of I think $15 per month which I didnt notice for months. I’m sure it was from one of these secret sign-ups.

3 Likes

They are master baiters.

2 Likes
9 Likes

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

7 Likes

You know, I’ve been wondering why Apple did partner with Goldman Sachs (or any other banking house for that matter) in the first place, what with Apple being a bank with a sideline in consumer electronics these days, especially when you factor in Braeburn Capital.
But reading this it looks like Apple remembered that a hedge between keeps friendship green.

6 Likes

I think Apple had to partner up with an established bank to do these things because while they might be essentialy a financial company, offering any banking services to the public would require them to register as a bank and subject the whole of Apple to banking regulations, which they probably would rather avoid.

10 Likes

That’s just bizarre. My original thought was they were approving mainly folks with super high credit ratings, so of course you were just getting folks who would pay off their credit card bill every month, but no, turns out they suck at enforcing collection of their payments so they’re losing money to write-offs. Wow.

3 Likes
9 Likes

Rat Queens Twitch GIF by Hyper RPG

9 Likes

4 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Headline that’s cut off in the onebox:

Florida Woman Who Killed Black Neighbor Once Called Cops Over Some Kids Calling Her ‘Karen’

6 Likes
12 Likes
7 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes