Follow-up

I think the cave hotel seems kind of cool, but I’d be so worried about hazards to my respiratory health.

5 Likes

I re-iterate that I am not a fan of Lance Bass, but I’m inwardly gloating that HGTV has likely taken a loss on the sale of the home after their shenanigans connected to the original sale.

5 Likes

https://archive.ph/CNj6T

PCB’s.

2 Likes

I’m still mystified why Bayer bought Monsanto with all its pending and resolved lawsuits. They of all people should know what an Altlast is

5 Likes

I can’t say that I feel reassured.

6 Likes

Ah, you should have seen the presentation… Those PowerPoint slides were magnificent.

4 Likes

https://archive.ph/BRjg6

4 Likes
5 Likes

MAGAt’s heads are gonna explode. On the one hand, gun regulation is of the devil, but on the other, so is Hunter Biden. What’s a MAGAT supposed to think?!

7 Likes

Think? Well - there’s your problem right there! :wink:

10 Likes

“Red states are suffering from the laws they voted for.

Thanks to their rejection of Obamacare, rural areas have become health care deserts as hospitals lose money and shut down. COVID-denying, vaccine-refusing ideology has directly led to conservative areas suffering far more deaths and disability than would otherwise have been the case. Abortion bans are causing doctors to flee in droves, leaving states without maternity care. Schools are starved of resources, crippling the minds of the next generation and driving away businesses that need educated workers. Open-carry laws have spurred a plague of gun murders and suicides.“

Policies matter.

8 Likes

Hard to “like” this one. I’m glad things are improving in the blue states but am horrified for what is happening in the red ones through no fault of many (most?) of the residents.

Gonna need more emojis.

7 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

As one of those who live in a red state that I love… Thanks! It’s nice to hear that instead of “it’s your own fault” BS…

7 Likes

Honestly, it’s like most wars, the people invested or involved the least in the reasons for the conflict, are the ones who suffer the most :frowning:

1 Like

The Great Dechurching looks at why people are leaving churches

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-great-dechurching-looks-at-why-people-are-leaving-churches/ar-AA1gL7lc

Each of the five profiles had a wide range of reasons for leaving their churches and why they might be open to returning. For so-called cultural Christians, they left in part because their friends weren’t there (18%) and because attending was not convenient (18%) but also because of gender identity (16%) or church scandal (16%).

Mainstream evangelicals dropped out because they moved (22%) or services were inconvenient (16%) but also because they did not feel much love in church (12%). Exvangelicals in this study left because they did not fit in (23%), because they did not feel much love in the congregation (18%), because of negative experiences with evangelicals (15%) and because they no longer believed (14%). Many BIPOC dechurched Americans left in their early 20s, often because they did not fit in (19%) or had bad experiences (11%). Mainline Protestants left because they moved (25%) or because they had other priorities (15%) or did not fit in (14%), while Catholics who are dechurched said they did so because they had other priorities (16%) or had different politics than others in their parish (15%) or the clergy (15%).

7 Likes

More drama in the ongoing saga of Oregon Republicans Finding Out:

“The clear language of Measure 113 allows me to run one more time,” Knopp said. “Oregonians are fed up with the ‘tyranny of the majority’ over the past decades.”

In other words, Knopp thinks Oregonians are fed up with democracy. What’s also clear is that when he says “Oregonians,” he means a small minority of them. Eh, Knopp might as well resign. His district is rapidly shifting left due to demographics and an ongoing influx of semi-retiring Californians.

10 Likes
10 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

canadians wtf GIF by South Park

6 Likes