Follow-up

It’s official, there is an FAA preliminary report:

This confirms what was known shortly after the explosion.

Nothing yet on the FAA’s press release site, but they’ve left copies of the current issue of their FAA Safety Briefings Magazine for you if you’re stuck in the news room waiting. You can learn how to disclose your drug and alcohol offenses related to flying.

7 Likes
7 Likes

Sounds to me like they already know the result of the investigation, but don’t like the answer.

7 Likes

I don’t think any intelligence service in the world is in doubt about the answer, even if they won’t say so aloud

10 Likes
5 Likes

He wasn’t the great actor I thought- he was just typecast as a villain.

4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

Jezebel is ditching Kinja, moving to wordpress, and offering a subscription option…

7 Likes

HPE seeks $4B in damages from Autonomy boss Mike Lynch and his ex-CFO

Lawyers for HPE are seeking $4 billion (£3.17 billion) in damages from former Autonomy boss Mike Lynch and his ex-CFO Sushovan Hussain, after a court in the UK found the pair inflated the software maker’s value ahead of its merger with HP.

HPE successfully sued Autonomy’s founder Mike Lynch in the High Court of England and Wales back in 2022, and the British tech tycoon was extradited the next year to the US to face charges of criminal fraud regarding that Autonomy takeover.

Lynch is right now under house arrest in San Francisco pending trial for those charges, while Hussain was sentenced to five years behind bars in the US in 2019.

[…]

1 Like
8 Likes
2 Likes

Way too lenient, but a nice reminder that ex-presidents can be jailed.

(Also a reminder that it’s a big club and you ain’t in it, but in matters like this I take what I can get.)

2 Likes

BoingBoing (along with several other tech and news sites) gets called out on TWIT / Steve Gibson’s Security Now! podcast for falling for the toothbrush botnet story

“Highly respected news outlets repeated the story because, well, talk about click-bait!”

Show notes: https://www.grc.com/sn/sn-961-notes.pdf

2 Likes
5 Likes