Follow-up

This is a lead up to the Super Bowl ad so I’m not really sure if it’s accurate to say they caved. I wonder what that ad will look like. It’s gotta be some snark but I can’t quite figure out the angle.

2 Likes

well, it’s Maya Rudolph, someone who his as left as they come, who has been on stage and friendly with Barack Obama, HIllary Clinton, Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, and even people left of those people.

I am hoping it’s M&M Mars doubling down. The “Spokesperson america can agree on” is not even a subtle dig.

3 Likes

Ok, but OTOH, they’re still posting on (Musk’s) Twitter. :person_shrugging:

5 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes

LOL I saw that, I have to wonder what other defense he could have possibly had other than “Dude, wtf, I’m LITERALLY IN A TRIAL HERE”

2 Likes

More on what is happening to basic income programs:

More effort is needed to change these programs from pilots to permanent parts of the social safety net. The pandemic raised awareness of many pre-existing problems for workers that require more than a temporary fix.

12 Likes
12 Likes

Indeed. This piece has me thinking again that a UBI will likely, hopefully, become commonplace, as AI and the like continue to displace vast swaths of workers. Let them do the work, and pay us to consume what they produce. What could go wrong!

Some observers have suggested that the introduction of a Universal Basic Income (UBI) – paid for by AI-generated wealth – is the best bet for the future. In his essay “Moore’s Law for Everything”, Sam Altman, the CEO of OpenAI, claimed that AI could drive enough economic output to pay every adult in the US $13,500 a year, while dramatically driving down the cost of goods and services.

9 Likes
9 Likes

Huge!

big GIF

I mean, is there anything much whiter these days than Taylor Swift?

4 Likes
4 Likes

?? I don’t get it. That’s Isiah Thomas…

ETA: Oh, I get it. It’s not that it’s Isiah, it’s what he is saying - that if it was Eminem speaking, he would have said that.

And the response is easy: Eminem, you Lose Yourself in the couch cushions…

4 Likes
13 Likes

“Cockroaches, lice, and bed bugs are my only friends at night”

Of course he brought them all in with him. Just now there’s no one else there…

13 Likes

I feel bad for the insects having to share a cell with him.

12 Likes

Low quality blood, probably highly contaminated

8 Likes

Peter Wertheim, co-chief executive officer of the Executive Council of Australian Jewry, met government officials on Tuesday to argue for an entry ban.

“We had a sympathetic hearing,” Wertheim said on Sky News. “We’ve made the case that this particular individual does not meet the character test and that it would be in the national interest not to grant him a visa and we set out our reasons in some detail.”

Opposition leader Peter Dutton said if he were in government, he would be inclined to bar Ye on character grounds.

“My inclination would be not to allow him in,” Dutton told Melbourne’s Radio 3AW on Tuesday.

“His antisemitic comments are disgraceful, his conduct and his behavior is appalling, and he’s not a person of good character,” Dutton added.

16 Likes
11 Likes
4 Likes