Food forecasters are bullish on mushrooms in 2022

Originally published at: Food forecasters are bullish on mushrooms in 2022 | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Hahahahahahahaha!

No.

4 Likes

Groovy
Super Mario Shrooms GIF

4 Likes

I’m sure the major :mushroom: producers in my area will be celebrating (pandemic permitting, of course):

food industry leaders in the United States say 2022 will be another pragmatic, roll-up-your sleeves kind of year

In more ways than one… :syringe:

4 Likes

Jeez, why is the BBS syringe emoji dripping blood?

3 Likes

The way my arm hurt for three days after my booster, I would’ve been less surprised seeing something like that in the nurse’s hand afterwards. :wink:

5 Likes

Perhaps the more interesting properties of mushrooms are their non-nutritive plant substances—polysaccharides, indoles, polyphenols, and carotenoids in which cell and animal studies have shown antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anticancer effects

Also, B vitamins, phosphorus, vitamin D, selenium, copper, and potassium.

4 Likes

As some of the nutrient cycle’s most influential decomposers; mushrooms are bullish on food forecasters, along with almost everything else, in 2022.

4 Likes

I’ve always know them to be fungi to have around.
Why did the mushroom farmer get arrested? Charges of loose morels.
Don’t worry said his lawyer, I will be your champignon!

4 Likes

“The NYT predicted the food “vibe of the year” to be “kindness and understanding.”

Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

2 Likes

Well, mushrooms are delicious, so I’m all for this!

I used a whole lot of mushrooms in the beef stew we had the last two nights. After two hours simmering, they shrink down to almost nothing, but thicken the texture and the taste. (Along with onions, two pinches of herb de provence, a sliver of ginger, bay leaf, and salt.)

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.