Fool strangers in public places with the code-generating website

Would Hollywood ever lie to you? (Source of @ficuswhisperer’s GIF)

5 Likes

On a big project I usually write the algorithmic skeleton as comments and then fill in between. But sometimes the whole thing just occurs like Tesla’s motor, and I type it straight in. Those kind never amount to more than a half-page of code, though.

Mostly it’s typing a couple of lines, then stopping to think about those lines. Next is removing most lines and typing several new ones. Repeat until the number of lines exceeds 10 and commit that to a git repo quickly. :grin:

If you are considering using this site to make it look like you’re coding, I would advise you learn an actual programming language. It’s not that hard and it can be a lot of fun.

2 Likes

Nah. This is code for those who have already hacked systems so many times with the exact same exploits that they know it off by heart. For supposedly protected systems like the FBIs etc, we need to generate some guff which looks more diagnosticky in nature.

Plus the 3d views of flying over the chips stuff of course.

2 Likes

It looks like linux kernel code so I’m pretty sure it does something :wink:

1 Like

If you dry it out and heat it up, it makes poplinux?

2 Likes

Who writes this kind of code? I see a goto in there. If I caught anyone on my team writing this, well, I wouldn’t fire them, but I wouldn’t let them do anything critical for the team.

2 Likes

I’m not sure hackers are all that bothered about ISO9126 or code reviews mind.

Dijkstra’s tyranny. All real world software more significant than a phone app contains unconditional jumps; you can call them by other names and hide them behind baroque precompile syntax but they will still really be gotos, and still be necessary.

It’s error handling in a language that doesn’t have RAII. There’s nothing wrong with it. That’s cleaner than many of the alternatives in C.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.