Footage catches California wife spiking her hubby's drinks with Drano

Originally published at: Footage catches California wife spiking her hubby's drinks with Drano | Boing Boing

10 Likes

heather

22 Likes

Frank Drebin was right all along.

4 Likes

For a “doctor” (we’ll presume medical) poisoning someone with sodium hydroxide (and possibly bleach, if it’s the liquid form of Drano™) seems strangely inefficient and likely to be discovered, possibly in time, (“Well, it was a cry for help, weren’t it?”), as compared with what could be ‘palmed’ out of the locked office cupboards.

4 Likes

I hope that along with setting up the cameras, he also practiced how to fake taking a sip! :grimacing:

13 Likes

You beat me to it; Heathers was the first I thought of upon reading the title post.

6 Likes

This could be a case of “Münchausen by proxy” in which a person intentionally sickens a family member or dependent. In those cases the goal of the poisoner is to sicken but not necessarily kill the victim (at least not right away). The movie The Sixth Sense had a scene depicting one such family.

(ETA: I do not pretend to know this woman’s mental state and I make no excuses for her horrific crime)

7 Likes
8 Likes

She had her reasons.

4 Likes

5 Likes

I suspect she wanted him to slowly suffer rather than die. They were both medical doctors, he a radiologist, she a dermatologist. Getting away with poisoning a doctor is something probably only another doctor could do (though neither were toxicologists so who knows).

1 Like

The defense attorney can say all he wants about ugly custody battles. I’m sure there have been a lot of judges who heard arguments like “My client feared for his life so he kept a loaded pistol under his pillow and it went off”, or “I thought my spouse slipped and fell in the bath, and accidentally grabbed her by the neck trying to pick her up, and I squeezed hard because she was slippery.”

But there just aren’t a lot of legit reasons that explain video of taking a jug of drain cleaner from the cupboard and pouring it into a drinking cup.

2 Likes

this was my first thought, too: “…umm, wasn’t that LITERALLY a scene in The Sixth Sense??”

2 Likes

I hope she at least left him a Fremkit and Stillsuit in the Ornithopter.

2 Likes

He apparently had to, given that he taped her doing it on 3 different days (at least).
So, he finds out she’s doing it… then continues as if everything is normal(!)
It must’ve felt like something from Prizzi’s Honor.
(Was it his attorney or he who wanted to establish that it was a pattern of behavior and not a lone incident?)

2 Likes

She hated his guts. (Sorry.)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.