Footage of American freestyle canoeing master Marc Ornstein

I think we’re sailing close to the wind now.

2 Likes

I’m wondering what the canoeing equivalent of “oh that’s a bad miss” or “where’s the cue ball going?” might be.
Snooker commentators are the best whisperers.

4 Likes

“He almost touched the gunwale there.”

5 Likes

You’re into paddling eh? :wink:

1 Like

All other things considered, but if you have even only two people who do a thing, they will find a way to compete at it…

1 Like

I’m hard pressed to think of a sport I wouldn’t watch over golf. Also, I don’t see this sport taking over whatever tiny amounts of green space we have left in cities.

Now, I want to see this synchronized!

1 Like
8 Likes

Green trees and lush grass, fresh water with no ice covering . . . ahhhh yesssss . . . sumer is icumen in.

1 Like

I wonder if he has some seriously smooth swimming moves up his sleeve if he does happen to fall out. A contingency plan even the fish would admire!

3 Likes

Just wonderful.

1 Like

WOW

you posted my video

I’m so delighted and flattered.

Here’s the thing: It’s not American Freestyle, it’s CANADIAN Freestyle.

We should let our friends to the north have this one.

And yes, Omer invented it.

To be part of this lineage is pretty cool. And no, we never wear bowties.

Seth

15 Likes

My pleasure. It’s a great video. I’m delighted to find you’re a member here.

I didn’t want to appear immodest. :grin:

Thanks for confirming that Omer Stringer invented the style, although I wouldn’t be surprised to find that First Nations paddlers were doing the same thing millenia ago.

7 Likes

Now that’s a tune!

Oh, you have no idea, but my paddles are studded :wink:

Between all the rigging I learned growing up with a cheap sailboat and boyscouts, I could give Japanese しばり rope bondage a run for the money :laughing:

3 Likes

Someone please redub this video with metamorphosis by Philip Glass. I think it would both fit the video better as well as make it another level of surreal on top of surreal

2 Likes

Ron Swanson approves.

Looks like a sport where having stiff and lightweight equipment would be an advantage. Wonder how often someone puts a foot through their paper thin carbon nanotube shell. Love the idea of this being dangerous.

1 Like

Does he lose points if he gets out of the boat at the end and his pant legs are wet?

2 Likes

Fucks, he’s really good. I’m pretty proud of my j-stroke, but I ain’t shit compared to that. He’s so quiet!

4 Likes

Is it really a dying sport, or is it that a disproportionate number of golfers are near death?

4 Likes