Footage shows Louisville police shooting pepper rounds at news crew

For anyone who’s got some cash to spare, here’s Linda’s PayPal, and her Venmo is Linda-Tirado-3. Better yet, sign up for her Patreon. She’s a fantastic writer, perfectly blending anger with compassion and humor.

9 Likes

I’m beginning it think it might be genetic.

5 Likes

FB_IMG_1456700716568

12 Likes

Three (and as @DonatellaNobody points out, there have been for a long time):
Your two, plus the America of extreme wealth that benefits by pitting the rest of us against each other.

15 Likes

Sounds like a projectile MagLite.

3 Likes

The police forces and the National Guard of this country have always misused by the moneyed interests for keeping the plebes cowed. Read the history of the American labor movement. Read about the Ludlow Massacre. Read about the Battle of Blair Mountain.

Police keep saying that they are on the side of “law and order”. That is a lie. They don’t give damn about law. Most policemen think that law is their enemy because it puts limits on what they can do openly. And policemen don’t really care that much about order. When you get down to rock bottom, what the police and their corporate masters really care about is power.

8 Likes

the first step is to stop negotiating and signing contracts with “police unions”

maybe after that they can work their way up to prosecuting them as criminal conspiracies

8 Likes

Where the hell is Biden in all this?

If he could take his foot out of his mouth long enough - it would be a glorious opportunity to remind people it doesn’t need to be this way.

Even ask the question: How’s this working for you America?

Maybe I’m naive to think he just won’t come across as another rich white guy, but if he had help…hint hint Stacie Adams or Kamala Harris…

Unrest is probably working in his favor right now.

He has been making public statements. Whether you think those statements are genuine or go far enough is an exercise for the reader.

14 Likes

We all have a moral obligation to stand up, speak out, and hold people accountable.

Unless you work with them in the Senate.

7 Likes

Legend.

21 Likes

Damn, she’s a warrior…

12 Likes

Screengrab from the sidebar of the Guardian live feed tonight

Imagine being confronted with this in, say, 2010.

11 Likes

The 2, 6 and 11 hour ones I would consider possible, as well as the SpaceX one (I remember the discussions about it on Slashdot and I haven’t looked there in years)

All that has changed since then is that nearly everyone has a camera with them all the time.

6 Likes

What a day!

That on this day the fact that US astronautas launched again on a US rocket from US soil was not on ten first minutes of the evening news was quite a Trumpian accomplishment. I bet that he is pissed that he had not got as much attention and credit for this. This was another of Obama’s legacies that he was happy to claim as his own.

2 Likes

It could be the opening timeline from a lost Stephen Baxter novel from 1995.

1 Like

Yeah having flashbacks to:

Titan (Baxter)
Friday (Heinlein)
Distraction (Sterling)

2 Likes

And I was away painting my basement the last 8 hours and now I just found out there are riots in Pittsburgh and cop car has been burned, apparently by a few white guys

I don’t have any links yet, only just saw some messages from friends

1 Like

They’re well on the way to accidentally inventing a mirror-universe Pride Flag.

24 Likes