For $5 million you can own the narrowest house in New York City

Originally published at: For $5 million you can own the narrowest house in New York City | Boing Boing

3 Likes

It looks great inside…

7 Likes

Looks easy to clean, your bank account out.

10 Likes

Soooo much white and bad lighting. I know that realtors and owners usually paint white before listing, but everything built in there is white, as well. And easement or no, that backyard is probably basically an HOA. I’ll take my $5mm elsewhere, good sir!

4 Likes

Leaving the insane price aside, i would be quite happy in a place that size :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I heard you can buy a whole town in TN for a fraction of this…

12 Likes

Narrow walls make it a narrow house. But narrow-mindedness is what makes it a narrow home.

4 Likes

Pairs nicely with

3 Likes

And I’m sure the food scene is much better! West Village who?

2 Likes

To be fair, the village is not too far from Nashville, which is the home of the Nashville Hot chicken…

2 Likes

Ugh, I recently ordered a “Nashville hot chicken” sandwich from a local place. It was not hot chicken!

1 Like

Why is it called an “apartment”?

1 Like

Huffington Post Bustle GIF by WatchUsRun

2 Likes

I couldn’t help but notice it features the classic shower/tub at a window that is so common in higher end real estate.

From watching too much HGTV I have learned that if you are middle class (in the States) it is terrible if you can see any neighbour’s. But if your wealthy they have to watch you shower.

3 Likes

And just like other indulgences of the ultra-wealthy, the construction and plumbing is likely a nightmare, which you will only find out after the NYC Landmark Preservation Commission puts the kibosh on any “improvements” you want to make since it’s in a Historic District.

https://nyclpc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=93a88691cace4067828b1eede432022b

3 Likes

Where is it called an apartment?

1 Like

In the title of the video.

Great use of 999 SF.

1 Like

Ah, the video that’s not embedded in the post here because BoingBoing – got it. Nowhere in the article or RE listing does it say apartment.

What it likely comes down to is NYC parlance where “apartment” is basically shorthand for any home in the city even though “townhouse” would be more technically correct here.

Here’s the video for the BBS:

3 Likes

We do love a tiny house here at BoingBoing

2 Likes