For a few thousand bucks, Detroit police will give a business higher 911 priority

This reminds me of how Fire departments used to operate, funded by insurance companies, they could be called to a fire but if you did not have the plate of the insurance company on the building, they couldn’t fight the fire unless it was spreading to a house or building that had a policy with their company. This is just a new way to privatize a publicly paid utility because they don’t get the support they think they need or fund programs that help eliminate crime.

3 Likes

Dont know if this will make places without the green light targets but I feel there is a market to be made in installing fake greenlight signs and bulbs to deter criminals

3 Likes

At least they’re being upfront about it now.

1 Like

Detroit declared bankruptcy in 2013, I think. Basically, the wealth has already been extracted from the populace, and trying to increase the police budget will just drive more people & jobs away.

Or at least that’s what it looks like from the outside. GM and the banks stripped all the wealth away, there’s very little left for the people who still live there.

1 Like

Devil’s Night meets The Purge.

Once again, life imitates art.

Look, someone with the money to pay and the CorrectThink to allow police surveillance full access is clearly a more valuable citizen than some penniless WrongThinker. We should all be proud of our green lights! Green Light: The Innocent Have Nothing To Fear™.

1 Like
1 Like

To be fair so are the police in this case.

1 Like

Why would he do that? Detroit has black people in it. /s

1 Like

It’s 70-80 miles between where Nugent lives and Detroit, and the journey includes traveling east of US-23, which all the racists around here are scared shitless to do. I only know how scared they are because they tell us these things in comments they make on our local news paper websites.

1 Like

Naw, man. The police will crack down on THAT, don’t you worry.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.