For all the worm lovers out there: here's an extensive list of fictional worms

Originally published at: For all the worm lovers out there: here's an extensive list of fictional worms | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Are rope worms in there?

5 Likes

I would love to see a mash-up story called “Lowly Shai-Hulud”: awesome and terrifying in his friendliness.

13 Likes

Hurray! Mongolian Death Worms. I knew a guy who had a patch making machine. I wanted to make a patch for a “Mongolian Death Worm Expedition 2010”, but he moved away before I finished the design.

4 Likes

Earthworm Jim confirmed.

5 Likes

There’s only one worm that begins as a trout and ends as a God-Emperor. Just sayin’.

8 Likes

No glacier ice worms?

The image above is from the NPS.gov website
Glacier Ice Worms - Geology (U.S. National Park Service)

7 Likes

No, but all the clowns scarfing down Ivermectin are discovering them.

3 Likes

They are interesting worms that keep your attention.

5 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

My personal favorite is list of fictional ducks!

3 Likes

The nematode worm C elegans surely deserves more representation in fiction. It’s been the subject of at least five Nobel Prizes, and over 30,000 research papers on every imaginable topic from gene editing to sex to the origins of consciousness.

3 Likes

The worms crawl in
The worms crawl out
The worms play pinochle on your snout

6 Likes
  • Of course there’s a way to indent.

• it involves hyphens
    • and indents using
      • spaces
        • two per level
      • instead of tabs
3 Likes
  • how non-intuitive
    • thank you!
2 Likes

Lowly worm was great. He wore a boot.

(I re-read this and “Lowly Worm” seems like some sort of weird sub thing. It’s not. No kink-shaming here.)

4 Likes

7 Likes

Or you could get your own.

(edited to make link work)

1 Like

It is so bizarre that y’all posted this today, just two days ago I ended up needing that very list when my kid needed to know if the “Alaskan Bullworm” from Spongebob was based on a real animal or not.

1 Like