Forklift drivers block in a car driven by suspected tool thieves

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/12/11/forklift-drivers-block-in-a-ca.html

6 Likes

These forklift drivers should not have jumped to conclusions without waiting for the courts to decide.

14 Likes

28 Likes

Happy endings are so rare these days.

6 Likes

The video has a strange glitch: it cuts out right before the part where the skegs “try to escape on foot” and are “apprehended.”

4 Likes

“Thives”. Are they anything like chives?

3 Likes

“Oh man, we’re forked! We’re so forked!”

26 Likes

Nah he just forgot the apostrophe. It’s cockney, thi’ves

Also, tool thieves deserve a special level of hell. Now in some cases the tools are company owned, but A LOT of people who do labor that requires tools own their own. They spend a life time buying and upgrading as needed. Stealing their tools is almost literally like cutting off their hands - as you just destroyed their ability to work, destroyed their ability to take care of their family. In most cases replacement costs go into over a thousand, even with cheap stuff from walmart or Lowes. If they had good tools its thousands (tens of thousands for some people.)

And the thieves get like 10% of the value hocking it somewhere. Makes me fucking sick.

26 Likes

Yeah, but you could say the same thing about people stealing cars. Which is why I insure mine against theft. You can, and should insure your tools against theft if you are a pro, relying on them for your livelihood. At least in my experience in the U.S., my commercial vehicle policy covered tools stolen from the vehicle back when I was busting my knuckles. And I never left tools overnight at a job site unless I had an agreement from the G.C. or owner that my stuff was covered.

But you’re right, thieves are terrible people. At least tools are a lot easier to replace than hands.

4 Likes

I half expected the forklift drivers to just pick the car up.

8 Likes

tool thieves are the worst, you could litrally deprive someone of their livelyhood by stealing their expensive tools.

7 Likes

Checkmate!

Came here just to say that.

Though @M_Dub already said it better.

1 Like

This is actually how it should work. Detaining WITH cause. If it turns out they were acting on behalf of the owners of the truck, then all is well.

1 Like

I’m actually kind of impressed by how brazen they were. It’s the middle of a busy site and they thought they could just roll up, grab some stuff an leg it? That’s pretty ambitious.

1 Like

Its the best time. Its unlikely people will question why people are there. Sneak around at night with a torch and the cops will nab you.

2 Likes

So the forklift drivers are actually stopping the car in order to buy tools cheaply? Sad.

1 Like

TOOL THIEVES: The lowest form of life.

Cockney rhyming slang for thief = tea leaf.

1 Like

OK, you got me. Maybe its more of a Scottish sounding? “Fooking thives.”?

1 Like

The thieves were lucky that one of the forklift drivers wasn’t Klaus.

3 Likes