Former CIA Chief Hayden Says Trump is Russia’s Useful Fool

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/11/04/former-cia-chief-hayden-says-t.html

3 Likes

Well, CIA has a long track record of getting rid of unwanted leaders in other countries so maybe Trump should hope he doesn’t win the election…

3 Likes

Donald heard The Palladium when they told him they were going to give him polonium.

Honest mistake.

9 Likes

Which Russian interests? I keep being told that Putin has a Dark Plan but I can’t figure out what it is. Orbital Death Ray? Doomfort? Forcing everyone to go shirtless all the time?

1 Like

Trump “useful”? Nope. Trump a “fool”? Yep.

6 Likes

“tool” and “stool” also work.

2 Likes

Ya , he might even convince Mr. Trump of the futility of all these wars our “regular” politicians find so necessary

At least WaPo is finally getting on this. The NYT has been very weird about the whole thing.

1 Like

The same thing the US and china have been doing for decades: using “investment” as a kind of venom; that is to say, weakening the cultural and economic power of his rivals via manipulation of development, media and lobbyist purchased laws.

1 Like

It’s all easy to ignore unless you’re living in countries like Latvia, Iran or Georgia.

9 Likes

An internationally isolated America deeply divided under an incompetent president. What’s not to love if you are Russia?

10 Likes

Recreating the Soviet Union starting with Ukraine, followed by the Baltic States once NATO is dissolved.

7 Likes

Not sure why Hayden had to go to the Russian for his citation.

Useful idiot and fellow traveler have been standard terms of art from the Cold War.

1 Like

The operative phrase.

Gosh, I wonder what Trump’s opinion on NATO is.

1 Like

Hi Richard! Thanks for joining to give us insight on Russia.

Please stay and continue giving us these gems and otherwise contributing to the community.

5 Likes

Дурако́в не се́ют, не жнут, са́ми родя́тся.

NSS.

“No shit, Sherlock.”

Reengaged acronym.

Existential fear is just that: needless fear. spaeseeba (poor phonetics): Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.