Former MAGA cult member debates current Trump worshipper about January 6

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/19/former-maga-cult-member-debates-current-trump-worshipper-about-january-6.html

13 Likes

One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.

Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

40 Likes

The event was called the “Stop The Steal” rally by everyone there.

They were trying to stop Joe Biden from becoming president.

How were they supposed to do that, barring invading the capitol building and taking hostages, once it was clear that Pence wasn’t onboard?

Or put another way, were the FBI, antifa and BLM trying to keep Trump in power?

21 Likes

In this passage:

I don’t know, that’s her opinion. We’re all entitled to an opinion. But I know Jesus Christ is coming soon, and my agenda here is to let people know that whether you’re on the right or the left, Jesus is coming. And he’s not going to pick sides except for the right side of truth. And that’s it. And he knows the beginning from the end, he knows who’s being truthful, he knows who’s being deceptive.”

I think that she may have confused Jesus for Santa.

27 Likes

It’s very simple. Trump supporters wanted to invade the Capitol to stop the steal, but Antifa wanted to smear the Trump supporters by making it appear that they invaded the Capitol to stop the steal.

/s

27 Likes

Yep, beat me to it.
He knows who’s been bad or good!
:laughing:

7 Likes

So I guess prison is the route to understanding and truth? Cool, book 'em (all) Dano. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

7 Likes

…Jesus Claus is coming to town

He sees you when you’re sleeping.
He knows when you’re awake.
He knows if you’ve been bad or good.
So be good or you’ll get tossed in a fiery lake.
Revelation 20:14

16 Likes

20 Likes

I love cults.

I prefer The Cult:

:wink:

12 Likes
5 Likes

“…(Jesus) knows who’s being truthful, he knows who’s being deceptive.”
Oh man, for once I wish I wasn’t an atheist. There’s nothing which would please me more than seeing Jesus reveal the truth to this bird-brained goober and all those who think like her. Alas, her political delusions are only outmatched by her religious delusions and such a thing will never come to pass.

6 Likes

Luke Beasley has the potential to be a really good commentator as he works on his oratory skills, though his on the street rhetoric skills are really good. I’ve seen several of his show segments as well as him filling in for some people I follow.

It would be nice if the lady he was with could deprogram more Trump Cultists, but its like swimming against the stream. :confused:

8 Likes

well, she knows that, and she even says, “they are in too deep at this point. it’s a better use of your time to make sure your friends and family vote for Biden.” (paraphrasing)

10 Likes

… and here I just was binging them today.
Astbury’s definitely one of the exact models for the platonic frontman.

2 Likes

“How about you do the paperwork on this one, Steve?”

Thumb17

Yeah, it would be cool if the deprogramming went viral.

Band name!

4 Likes

I’m afraid it has more the flavor of “Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.” than of “He knows if you’ve been bad or good, so be good for goodness’ sake.”

2 Likes

Krampus has a big sack … of … coal… for this woman come the winter Solstice.

4 Likes

Oh, of course it does.
Thanks for that.

I hope you don’t take it personally, but I haven’t a fucking clue what you said there. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes