Former mayoral candidate a bit of a wanker

We’re all disappointed in our leaders because we think we should be the leader. We would be wise, and not selfish or egotistical! Ah, but we’re just too good to do it. That’s what it is.

And yet the average citizen might in fact be glad he was arrested and thus entered into some supervised formal rehabilitation program rather than never having known the corrective hand of justice and be left free to jerk wank all over NOLA.

Um, no. There’s plenty of people who neither want nor believe we’re qualified for public office. Even we still deserve non-wankers in public office. I neither want nor believe myself qualified to practice medicine. I still deserve non-wanker physicians.

The desire for qualified non-wanker public officials isn’t a product of arrogance or hubris.

The related concept, “power corrupts” also fosters this ridiculous idea that in order to somehow retain a conscience, one must live a life of poverty and powerlessness.

It’s a rationization for what powerful fuckers must tell themselves, “no one else was willing to do this [evil thing] so I was forced to step in and perform the inevitable”

1 Like

He was later identified in a lineup…I can’t imagine what that looked like.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.