Formula 1 didn't want to cancel the Russian Grand Prix, but then the drivers canceled it for them

Originally published at: Formula 1 didn't want to cancel the Russian Grand Prix, but then the drivers canceled it for them | Boing Boing

18 Likes

Good.

30 Likes

Now let’s see something similar happen with Eurovision. If enough talent pulls out maybe those cowardly greedpigs will issue their own mealy-mouthed backpedaling statement.

32 Likes

F1? F them all. I’m glad to see that the drivers stood up to the organizers.

12 Likes

Sebastian Vettel continues to be one of the best people in F1. He decided he wasn’t going to the Russian GP even before there wasn’t a Russian GP to go to.

17 Likes

I got a kick out of seeing him join the cleaning crews collecting litter in the stands after several races last year. He seems like a good person.

12 Likes

F1 is such a big part of my life, how will I ever get over it?

10 Likes

I’m surprised you’re not getting over it RIGHT NOW.

:wink:

8 Likes

Now that you mention it…

10 Likes

Yeah, that seemed pretty classy. Along with having Pride flag elements on his helmet and shoes in places like Hungary and Saudi Arabia.

I’ll admit I wasn’t a huge Vettel fan when he was younger and winning all the time (although even then it was clear he had a pretty good sense of humour), but as a more mature guy he’s definitely grown on me.

Aside from his support of human rights, that F1.com video where he was able to name every World Champion back to 1950 in order was pretty impressive—he’s the only driver on the grid who got anywhere close

8 Likes

On a related note, the Russian flag flavored Uralkali livery was removed from the Haas F1 car overnight. Papa Mazepin is almost certainly on the shortlist for sanctions, and if it causes his talentless shitbag son to lose his seat, so much the better.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.